Registered Nurse - Southern Cross Care (Tasmania) Inc
Souther Cross Care (Tasmania) Inc
Location: Tasmania - Statewide
Position Type: Full Time, Permanent, Part Time, Casual / Contract / Locum
Southern Cross Care (Tas) Inc., Tasmania’s largest aged care provider has a number of opportunities for Registered Nurses at their Residential Aged Care Facilities (RACF) in the North and South of the state! They are offering either full-time or part-time opportunities. These positions are suitable for both graduate and experienced Registered Nurses!
The role of the Registered Nurse is to provide a range of clinical care and support services in collaboration with the care recipients, their families, and other members of the health care team, assisting the care recipients to experience a greater level of independence and ensuring their health and wellness are supported. These include:
- Providing and monitoring the care of residents.
- Using a systematic approach to clinical decision-making.
- Developing appropriate therapeutic and caring relationships.
- Collaborating with the health care team to achieve resident outcomes.
- Participating in the development of a supportive environment with the team.
The successful applicant will need to demonstrate sound clinical skills, be consumer-focused, have experience or a sound understanding of aged care accreditation processes, have a sound understanding of the current and future aged care funding model and be able to lead the team after hours as the Registered Nurse in Charge from time to time.
What you’ll need:
- Relevant qualifications and current AHPRA registration.
- Sound clinical skills with a consumer focus.
- Knowledge of Aged Care Quality Standards (or the ability to acquire this).
- Understanding of the aged care funding model (highly regarded).
- Satisfactory national police check within the last six months.
- Tasmanian Working with Vulnerable Persons registration with NDIS endorsement.
- Sufficient vaccination evidence or medical practitioner approved exemption, as per their current vaccination policy requirements, such as annual influenza and covid-19 vaccinations.
- A copy of your current IMMI Letter if you are a visa holder.
Wholly Tasmanian and the largest not for profit aged care provider in the state, Southern Cross Care Tasmania are passionate about people and their quality of life. With a focus on providing high standards of nursing, health and aged care, hospitality and wellbeing initiatives, their range of home & community services, lifestyle villages, residential or respite care is tailored to meet the needs of the Tasmanian community.
What's on offer?
- A competitive salary and access to FREE parking!
- Twenty days personal leave and paid parental leave!
- A friendly and supportive work environment.
- Discounts on private health insurance.
- Various career, education, and training opportunities.
- Salary Packaging up to $18,550 per year, which allows you to reduce the amount of tax you pay.
- Additional salary packaging options including rent, mortgage interest, rental utilities, holiday transport and property purchase for employees living and working in a remote areas.
You can read more about what’s on offer here: https://www.scctas.org.au/work-with-us/
To apply or obtain a copy of the position description please email email@example.com. In your application, make sure to include your CV and a cover letter detailing how your relevant experience meets the selection criteria and key responsibilities of the role.
Southern Cross Care (Tas) Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and to reflect the community they serve. They strongly encourage and welcome applications from suitably qualified people of diverse genders, sexuality and cultures including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples.
Date advertised: Monday 13th November 2023