Melaleuca Home of the Aged - Clinical Care Director (Devonport)
Melaleuca Home of the Aged
Location: North West Tasmania
Position Type: Full Time
Join the team at Melaleuca Home of the Aged! They have an exciting career opportunity for a Clinical Care Director. For this role, they are seeking a Registered Nurse who is passionate about delivering exceptional care to their residents. If you have a strong clinical background, proven leadership and management skills, and a commitment to enhancing the quality of life and overall well-being of their residents, then they want to hear from you!
As a Clinical Care Director, you will provide leadership, management and mentoring to those within your clinical and care teams and throughout the organisation. You will have full clinical oversight of the Home, including management of clinical reporting and documentation, compliance with all Aged Care Standards and legislation, adherence to Melaleuca’s policies and procedures and ensuring clinical standards are continually improved.
As the ideal candidate you will be person-centred, flexible, team orientated, highly organised with exceptional communication skills. In return, you will be supported by an experienced clinical team, CEO and Board.
- Proven management and team leadership skills including workload management, human resource management, performance management, risk management, and critical and reflective thinking skills in decision making and problem solving.
- Ability to communicate with a range of people including older people, staff, volunteers, and visitors, particularly in relation to care of residents.
- Good written communication skills including experience in preparing routine reports, documentation related to care notes, analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Demonstrated commitment to continual professional and personal development.
- Demonstrated understanding of quality assurance and strong working knowledge of continuous improvement.
- Current practicing Certificate as a Registered Nurse with AHPRA.
- Evidence of current National Police Check (essential).
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in management.
- Demonstrated understanding of the aged care sector and contemporary issues relating to the Aged Care Industry.
- Understanding of the Aged Care Quality Standards.
Melaleuca Home for the Aged is a small community based not for profit residential home facility with 48 beds. They are a preferred aged care provider with a reputation of providing high quality care. They recognise the importance of the family unit and families overall. They encourage family participation in all activities and functions. They also encourage families to be part of Melaleuca's solution to providing high levels of care. Melaleuca uses planned (and often spontaneous) activities along with other leisure and lifestyle activities to enhance the quality of life and make the ageing and care process as enjoyable as possible.
What's on offer?
- Full-time permanent contract with one rostered day off per calendar month!
- A negotiable salary package commensurate with experience, ranging from $125,000 to $133,000.
- Not-for-profit salary packaging to reduce the tax you pay.
- Comprehensive orientation program, along with ongoing education and refresher training to ensure the use of the latest best practices in care when providing for residents.
- Twenty days of annual leave per year.
- Twenty days of personal leave per year.
To apply or obtain a copy of the position description please email firstname.lastname@example.org. For direct role inquires please contact Simone on (03) 6427 9131
Date advertised: Monday 13th November 2023