Rural GP - Bicheno Health & Medical Centre
Bicheno Health & Medical Centre
Location: East Coast Tasmania
Occupation: General Practitioner
Title Description: GP
Position Type: Full Time, Permanent
Moratorium Period: 6 years
Are you a General Practitioner considering a move to Tasmania or perhaps you are looking for a sea change? Join an established team committed to providing high quality care and enjoy the flexibility and lifestyle of living on the beautiful East Coast of Tasmania.
• Work for cohealth, a multi-award-winning iconic community health organisation
• Generous salary packaging
• Attractive vehicle, accommodation, and relocation allowance will be provided
• Sponsorship will be considered for suitable international GP
This position sits within the Primary Care Directorate of cohealth and will help support a community-designed plan for multidisciplinary primary care services and innovative workforce solutions for the Glamorgan Spring Bay area.
Our practices are expanding on the East Coast of Tasmania, and our patients need GPs who want to be part of the community. One of two permanent doctors, you will work Monday to Friday with no on-call or weekend work, giving you the time to enjoy the benefits of living in a coastal environment.
Skills and Experience required:
- Vocationally Registered General Practitioner
- Current registration with the Medical Board of Australia
- Commitment to work within a community-focused, whole of population health approach, recognising the importance of providing a medical model within a holistic health response
- Ability to conduct health assessments, pre-employment medical examinations and occupational medical examinations
- Ability to provide treatment and care to patients in accordance with best practice and therapeutic guidelines
- Greater clinical autonomy and responsibility in a supportive environment
- Commitment to ongoing professional development
- Ability to work as a constructive team member
- Computer literate and ability to use the PC as an integral diagnostic tool
- Current drivers licence
Bicheno is renowned for its mild climate and multiple surf beaches along the coast, mixed with brilliant white sandy swimming beaches. The area is surrounded by bushland, typical of the east coast of Tasmania.
One of Australia’s largest community health services, cohealth provides community-based health and wellbeing services which are available to all, alongside targeted services for vulnerable populations, and has a strong focus on early intervention and prevention and helping people navigate the health system.
The GPs are well supported by Registered Nurses, online interpreters and administration teams, including Practice Managers and administration support. cohealth has many programs a GP can access to assist with a client’s care, including extensive support for clients with chronic conditions. GPs work collaboratively with the broader health team to deliver client-centred, evidence-based, holistic care.
What's on offer?
- Negotiable relocation assistance
- $10,000 incentive grant from HR+
- Workforce Incentive Payments ($12,000 after 2 years increasing to $23,000 per annum after 5 years ongoing)
- Exciting parental leave benefits:
- cohealth offers primary carers 14 weeks paid parental leave upon completion of only 6 months of continuous service
- eligible coworkers also receive superannuation on unpaid parental leave
- Salary packaging to suit you - tax-free amount of up to $15,900 pa (mortgage, rent or credit cards) and a further $2,650 pa (meal, entertainment expenses and holiday accommodation) alongside generous reward programs from our salary packaging providers
- $350 per week accommodation allowance
- $16,000 pa motor vehicle allowance
- Novated leasing available
- Eligible location for the HR+ Health Workforce Scholarship Program, which offers generous funding for health professionals looking to extend the skills and services they can offer their community
- Counselling services for you and your immediate family through our EAP provider, and mindfulness, resilience and wellbeing programs
- We offer inclusion, equality and opportunity in a workplace where making a difference counts (based on our guiding principles and values)
- HR+, in conjunction with the practice, will organise a comprehensive orientation program on arrival, tailored to your needs
All cohealth appointments are made subject to a satisfactory Police Check, a Working With Children Check (WWCC), completion of a Statutory Declaration, evidence of legal rights to work in Australia, and evidence of vaccination against COVID-19 (3 doses).
Roles that are determined to be Risk Category A or B [staff that have direct and/or indirect contact with body substances and are at higher risk of occupational exposure to infections] will be required to provide evidence of immunisation assessment including Influenza prior to commencement [A] or within 12 weeks of commencement [B]. This is in accordance with the Victorian Minister of Health Mandatory Vaccination Orders for COVID-19 and legislated requirement for influenza vaccination.
For more information, please contact Fran Robinson at HR+ email@example.com, or apply now.
HR+ will retain your information for a period of 24 months following your most recent communication.
Date advertised: Thursday 5th October 2023