GP - Ochre Medical Centre Bridport
Ochre Medical Centre Bridport
Location: Northern Tasmania
Occupation: General Practitioner
Title Description: GP
Position Type: Full Time, Permanent
Moratorium Period: 7 years
Do you enjoy golf, mountain biking, fishing or simply lying on the beach? Work here and you can take your pick every weekend!
Ochre Medical Centre Bridport is looking for a full-time GP - weekdays only - to look after this small seaside practice which is supported by nearby Ochre Medical Centre Scottsdale.
Ochre Medical Centre Scottsdale’s long-held reputation as a great teaching practice also provides an ongoing opportunity for GPs interested in mentorship and supervision to host GP Registrars at the Bridport practice.
- General Registration or Vocational Registration with AHPRA
- Proficient with common general practice conditions
Situated on the north coast of Tasmania, the small seaside town of Bridport is very popular amongst holiday-makers, well known for its breathtaking ocean views, pristine beaches, fishing, hiking and bushwalking opportunities. Its sheltered harbour makes it a thriving little port, with a bustling seafood industry supplying the local takeaways and restaurants.
Bridport is also home to Barnbougle Dunes and Lost Farm Golf Courses, both ranked in the world’s top 25 by Golf Digest magazine, with the Dunes course ahead of the iconic Pebble Beach course in California and Kingston Heath in Melbourne. Ruthless marram grass, wide open fairways and exquisite hole layouts in the dunes just behind the beach make for an unforgettable challenge. Bridport is also a great spot for river or sea fishing, and the Bridport Wildflower Reserve is worth a visit for a spectacular display of colour.
The surrounding area offers many world class attractions and a rich diversity of things to see and do. Blue Derby, Tasmania’s world-renowned mountain biking park, is located in temperate rainforest about 40 minutes’ drive away. The 100km network of Blue Derby Trails encompass some of the most stunning landscapes in the state.
Ochre Medical Centre Bridport is a mixed-billing clinic providing a range of medical services to the small coastal town and surrounding community. Bridport locals have access to minor procedures, vaccinations, mental health and chronic disease management, antenatal care, family planning, emergency care, skin checks and travel medicine.
What's on offer?
- Well-established practice with a large patient base to see from day 1
- Relocation, procedural, CPD and retention grants
- 30% reduction in moratorium
- Better patient health outcomes and patient satisfaction scores
- High billings per consult
- No on-call or after hours
- Accommodation and relocation assistance provided
- Workforce Incentive Payments ($12,000 after 2 years increasing to $23,000 per annum after 5 years ongoing)
- Eligible location for the HR+ Health Workforce Scholarship Program, which offers generous funding for health professionals looking to extend the skills and services they can offer their community
- Eligible location for RVTS
- HR+, in conjunction with the practice, will organise a comprehensive orientation program on arrival, tailored to your needs
Please contact Fran Robinson at HR+ for more information firstname.lastname@example.org or apply now.
Date advertised: Thursday 29th July 2021