GP/ VMO - St Marys General Practice
St Marys General Practice
Location: Northern Tasmania
Occupation: General Practitioner
Title Description: GP/VMO
Position Type: Full Time, Permanent
Moratorium Period: 7 years
St Marys is a small township nestled beneath the rocky outcrop of St Patrick’s Head in Tasmania’s north east. It is located about 130 kilometres east of Tasmania’s second largest city, Launceston, and just 10 kilometres from the beautiful east coast.
GP-only initially, either full-time or part-time, you will work together with highly experienced, Australian-trained GPs in clinic and observe in hospital. Should you require supervision, this is an excellent opportunity to work with AGPT mentors in practice.
St Marys is a wonderful place to live, arty and peaceful with a state school in the main street.
Skills and Experience required:
- Current AHPRA registration
- Previous GP experience of at least one year, either in Australia or overseas
The St Marys General Practice is the contracted medical service provider at St Marys Community Health Centre delivering a full general practice service, an outpatient and emergency service, 8 acute/palliative care beds, physiotherapy and visiting services. Other services provided by the Centre include Community Nursing, Day Centre and Home Help/Personal Care, and the Tasmanian Lymphodema Centre is also on site.
What's on offer?
- The practice is offering a competitive remuneration package based on percentage of gross billings received, negotiable based on qualifications and experience (with guaranteed minimum earnings of $100,000 per annum based on working full-time).
- Workforce Incentive Payments
- Rural Medical Practitioner payments for hospital work
- Eligible location for the HR+ Health Workforce Scholarship Program, which offers generous funding for health professionals looking to extend the skills and services they can offer their community.
- Eligible location for the Five Year Scheme (reduction of 10 year moratorium)
- Eligible location for RVTS and ACRRM Independent Pathway
- HR+, in conjunction with the practice, will organise a comprehensive orientation program on arrival, tailored to the new doctor’s needs.
Please contact Fran Robinson at HR+ for more information, or apply now.
Date advertised: Thursday 20th February 2020