GP - Beaconsfield Family Medical Centre
Beaconsfield Family Medical Practice
Location: Northern Tasmania
Occupation: General Practitioner
Title Description: GP
Position Type: Full Time, Part Time
Moratorium Period: 7
With a contemporary feel, this recently renovated practice is in the northern region of Tasmania offering General Practitioners an opportunity to provide services in the local Beaconsfield community. General Practitioners working in this facility are supported on-site by an experienced Practice Manager, along with a dedicated administrative and nursing team. There is a wide range of services offered such as chronic disease management, primary health care, preventative medicine, skin cancer medicine, iron infusions, and many more. Allied health on site to support the TCA and for better multidisciplinary approach in care of patients.
An exciting opportunity currently exists at this practice for experienced, unrestricted, GPs/IMG to join the friendly team of highly experienced GP’s, on a full-time basis, to help meet the ever-growing patient demand. This is a well-established, modern practice offering a warm, friendly, family environment with personalised patient care. They offer a broad range of services, including, but not limited to general health care, men’s, women’s and children’s health, immunisations, skin cancer and minor procedures, chronic health care, pre-employment medicals, antenatal and postnatal care, indigenous and allied health services which includes Physiotherapy, Dietitian & Podiatrist.
Skills and Experience:
- Eligible for registration with the Medical Board.
- minimum 2 years' medical work experience
Beaconsfield (Population: around 1500) is a former gold mining town near the Tamar River, in the north-east of Tasmania, Australia situated only 35 minutes from Launceston.
Accredited by AGPAL, Beaconsfield Family Medical Practice is a privately owned general practice and is the only general practice not only for Beaconsfield community but also for Beauty Point, Clarence Point, Kelso and up to Greens Beach communities. The team comprises three full-time doctors, 2 full-time nurses, practice manager and two receptionists. There is a pathology collection centre on site, and allied health professionals (physiotherapist, podiatrist, and dietitian) attend regularly on a visiting basis.
Beaconsfield Family Medical Practice attracts patients from across the north-east region, with many new patients coming from Beauty Point, Clarence Point and beyond. There is a significant number of elderly patients.
The practice is open Monday to Friday, closed on weekends, and after-hours calls are triaged through the GP Assist service.
Medical software used is Best Practice and the practice operates a mixed billing model, with bulk billing offered to health care card holders, pensioners, and children under 16.
What's on offer?
- Competitive remuneration package at 70% of billings for a VR doctor with a minimum of $150 per hour for the first 3 months.
- Guaranteed minimum earnings of $120,000 based on working full time for an IMG.
- Relocation Support will be provided if moving interstate or towards initial accommodation for up to $5000.
- An additional $5000 one off payment will be offered for a full-time VR GP willing to support International Medical Graduates with supervision and who has signed an agreement of 2 years or more.
- DWS/DPA available for IMG’s.
- Visa sponsorship available.
- Flexible hours, including support for professional development.
- Eligible location for rural incentive payments.
- Eligible location for HR+ Health Workforce Scholarship Program.
- In conjunction with the practice, HR+ will organise a comprehensive orientation program on arrival.
Pls email a copy of current CV to:
Practice Manager Darlene Lyall at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (03) 6383 1511
HR+ will retain your information for a period of 24 months following your most recent communication.
Date advertised: Thursday 6th July 2023