Speech Pathologist - Start Smart Tasmania (Northern Tasmania)
Start Smart Tasmania
Location: Northern Tasmania
Occupation: Speech Pathology
Position Type: Full Time, Permanent, Part Time, Casual / Contract / Locum
Are you looking to start or develop your Speech Pathology career? Would you like to establish a specialist caseload in an area of interest?
Start Smart is a progressive Tasmanian practice, offering a number of specialist services. They might be a small team, but they deliver a lot! They offer a nurturing and positive culture, with the ability to coach and support you to develop skills in your area of interest.
• Experienced and new graduate speech pathologists welcomed.
• Short term or longer arrangements will be considered.
• Based in Launceston with outreach to NE Tasmania.
Due to the growth of their business, Start Smart Tasmania is seeking an enthusiastic and energetic speech pathologist to join their speech pathology team.
A role is available for up to full-time and with a view to employment in a permanent capacity.
In line with their family friendly and flexible philosophy, Start Smart Tasmania will absolutely consider part time and alternative work arrangements for the right person.
Start Smart Tasmania’s speech pathology service provides assessment and intervention for clients with needs in the areas of,
- Speech and Language.
- Feeding and Orofacial myology.
The role supports,
- A mixed paediatric caseload.
- Working with children and their families in a one-on-one setting.
- Working on a range of communication and feeding difficulties.
To be considered you must.
- Be a certified practicing speech pathologist with Speech Pathology Australia (or provisional status as a new graduate),
- Have a working with vulnerable people registration for Tasmania.
- Eligible for a Medicare provider number and hold a current Australian driver’s licence.
- Have a burning desire to see children succeed as well as the ability to relate to children (and team members).
In this role there is potential to develop that specialist caseload in an area of your own interest.! You will have the opportunity to work alongside 3 experienced speech pathologists, together with 5 experienced teachers, in an organisation that encourages and supports employees to develop expertise in their areas of clinical interest. Their enthusiasm is contagious!
Graduates with the desire to learn from some of the best in the business are encouraged to apply.
Similarly, if you are thinking about trying private practice in a regional area, then this position is for you.
Start Smart Tasmania is a one-of-a-kind provider. It was established in 2017 when a speech pathologist, Tania Innes, and a special needs educator, Clare Weare, sat down to have a chat about how their respective services could work together to best meet the needs of the children in their care. This robust discussion resulted in a growing practice that now offers a range of speech pathology and education services. Smart Start Tasmania has continued to grow and improve outcomes for children and their families since then, mainly attributed to word of mouth and an exceptional reputation in Launceston and surrounds.
Their services include speech pathology, literacy and maths intervention for students with learning difficulties, special learning need support for schools and families, mentoring and a range of professional learning courses and workshops for parents, families and educators. These two teams, speech and literacy, work collaboratively to complement each other’s services and improve outcomes. Outside of having the right skills and qualifications, this team knows it is just as important to have the right person to maintain their impeccable standards and culture.
Start Smart Tasmania has a main office in Launceston and an outreach office in the beautiful township of Scottsdale, just one hour’s drive from Launceston. There is the opportunity for this position to be shared across both clinics.
Visit http://www.startsmarttasmania.... to learn more.
What's on offer?
- A substantial, above award salary between $70,000 to $105,000 (to be negotiated dependent on qualifications and experience)
- Generous professional development allowance will be negotiated with the successful applicant.
- Ongoing mentoring and professional supervision designed to nurture individuals to pursue their professional goals and dreams.
As well as being a unique organisation, Start Smart Tasmania also has an exceptional team. They are looking for an individual that will fit in and add a positive element to their enviable culture!
In addition to mentoring / supervision, the speech pathology team meets fortnightly and every quarter the whole team comes together for a full day of planning, development, food and fun - laughter is mandatory! They are absolutely committed to working and growing as a team.
Please apply by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or using the Apply button (below), with a cover letter and copy of your CV as part of the initial contact (including referees).
For further information, please contact Tania Innes (Director/Speech Pathologist) so she can walk you through what an amazing opportunity this is. Her number is 0448 660 885, or if you prefer you can text or email email@example.com to arrange a suitable time to discuss this opportunity.
Date advertised: Thursday 9th November 2023