Speech Pathologist- Kites Therapy Tasmania (Bellerive)
Kites Therapy Tasmania
Location: Southern Tasmania
Occupation: Speech Pathology
Position Type: Full Time
Join the team at Kites Therapy Tasmania as a Speech Pathologist and make a lasting impact on the lives of children with disabilities while enjoying the beauty of Tasmania, flexible working arrangements, competitive salary, and professional development opportunities.
This role will be working within the Kites Therapy Team. Located in their office across from the gorgeous waterfront of Bellerive, you will work with children and their families to support the development of their communication skills, social skills. physical skills or abilities.
Kites are seeking to fill this role flexibly, either part-time or full-time (3-5 days per week) depending on the preference of the successful candidate.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provide information and support to parents, professionals and other relevant individuals to facilitate client care.
- Liaise closely with service providers and community networks to ensure successful outcomes for clients.
- Manage a clinical caseload of clients in accordance within service provision guidelines and/or external agency requirements.
- Achieve client outcomes through an integrated approach to therapy and consultation with families, carers, guardians, and healthcare and education providers.
- Provide an integrated and holistic service to the client through positive and effective liaisons with all interdisciplinary team members.
- Maintain timely and accurate records and related assessments, case plans and documentation of services within the Client Management System.
- Monitor and evaluate the provision of person-centred and family-centred services and supports to ensure adherence to the policies, procedures and standards and relevant contractual obligations.
- Contribute to the wider profession by undertaking coaching and mentoring of students as directed.
- Other duties as requested by team leader
- If you are a high performer with a commitment to purpose and you possess courage to pursue your areas of passion and expertise, this could be the role for you. If you are not afraid to actively contribute to a workplace of openness, adaptability and care, this could be the role for you. If you understand the value of giving and the power of a story to change perspectives, this could be the role for you.
To be considered for the role, you will need:
- Appropriate tertiary qualification in Speech Pathology
- Demonstrated ability to manage a case load of clients, consistently meeting service delivery objectives and timeframes
- Understanding of the Disability and Community Sectors and in particular knowledge related to disability client directed care and the application of person-centred practices
- Demonstrated ability to write comprehensive, concise and accurate reports for client recommendations
- Strong administration and organisation skills
- Understanding of funding models, specifically the NDIS
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in an interdisciplinary team
- Able to travel to client appointments and the office as required
- Current National Police Clearance Certificate and Working with Vulnerable People check with NDIS endorsement
- Fully Covid-19 and Influenza vaccinated
If this sounds like you, then the team at Kites want to hear from you!
Kites Therapy Tasmania is owned and operated by the EverAbility Group (previously VisAbility Limited).
Kites Therapy Tasmania work with kids living with disability or developmental challenges and provide them - and their families, with personalised early intervention support, advice and solutions that transform their lives. They enable those that we work with to look to the future with confidence. A future filled with possibilities.
Their specialists, therapists and experts from across the disability and childhood development field work together to be whatever families need. Their team support each other to be their best. They trust each other to do their best. They deliver.
What's on offer?
Enjoy a generous employment package:
- Competitive salary coupled with generous salary packaging allowing you to boost your income
- Flexible working arrangements
- Work within a friendly and supportive multidisciplinary supportive team
- Clinical supervision, training and Professional Development opportunities
- An Employee Assistance Program offering external counselling services to you and immediate family members
- Contribution towards interstate relocation expenses Additional 3 days paid leave between Christmas and New Year.
Enjoy varied and purposeful work:
- Feel rewarded by purpose in your work as you help people living with disability and developmental delay to achieve independence and inclusion. Be challenged by the work you do in this dynamic and changing environment.
- Be supported by the team of professionals and be provided with regular and focused supervision. Kites have a number of professionals in diverse roles with expertise in their field.
- Feel rewarded by purpose in your work as you make a difference to the lives of children and their families. You will also benefit from:
Enjoy the best of Tasmania:
- Enjoy everything that Tasmania has to offer: A rich arts and cultural life, amazing food and wine experiences, world-class museums and art galleries, and an abundance of natural beauty.
If you are interested in this position apply now with your resume and cover letter addressing your suitability for the role.
If you have any questions about this role, please contact Tennille Burns, Program Manager, Kites Therapy on or (03) 6245 9232 or firstname.lastname@example.org or Mim Firth on (03) 6232 1234 or email@example.com using the subject line: Speech Pathologist enquiry via HR+ Tasmania.
Date advertised: Thursday 9th November 2023