Speech Pathologist - Giant Steps Tasmania (Deloraine)
Giant Steps Tasmania
Location: Northern Tasmania
Occupation: Speech Pathology
Position Type: Full Time
Giant Steps Tasmania are seeking a full time, permanent Speech Pathologist to join their team in Deloraine. If successful you would be eligible for a Health Workforce Scholarship through HR+.
When you visit Giant Steps Tasmania you instantly notice a friendly and relaxed atmosphere. Their focus is on improving the lives of children and their families. They are pleased to have created a culture dedicated to supporting the children, families and each other.
Giant Steps Tasmania is seeking a motivated, professional individual to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team around students to support their speech and communication needs.
Applicants are required to have:
- eligibility for membership of Speech Pathology Australia
- a clear National Police check
- a Tasmanian Working With Vulnerable People check
- a driver's license
The successful candidate will have:
- demonstrated knowledge of Autism Spectrum Disorder
- demonstrated competence in working with school-aged children across a diverse caseload (including feeding, speech, language, pragmatics, literacy and AACs)
- experience of the assessment and treatment of children's speech and language disorders
- a high level of oral and written communication skills
- strong organisational and time management skills
- the ability to work autonomously and as part of a team
- the ability to use their own initiative and work unsupervised
- a caring and genuine manner and the ability to build relationships with children, families, teachers and aides.
Giant Steps Tasmania is a not for profit, independent, registered school and therapeutic centre for children on the Autism spectrum. It is the only one in the state of Tasmania and currently accepts students from the age of 5 to 18.
It is quiet and calm on their campus, yet they enjoy all the features of a town with access to shops, services and facilities. This gives the children opportunity for real life experience and practice in many areas.
What's on offer?
This is your opportunity to work as a speech pathologist making a difference to the children at giant Steps Tasmania, their families and the wider community.
You will have the support of experienced, teachers, clinicians and a number of other staff and stakeholders.
A competitive salary and access to salary sacrifice is on offer.
Please also contact HR+ Tasmania to discuss your eligibility for a Health Workforce Scholarship Program grant of up to $10,000.
Please send your CV and brief cover letter to Danica Foy firstname.lastname@example.org
Alternatively for a confidential discussion please call 03 6332 8600.
Date advertised: Thursday 20th June 2019