Speech Pathologist - Cocoon Paediatrics (Burnie)
Location: North West Tasmania
Occupation: Speech Pathology
Position Type: Full Time, Part Time, Casual / Contract / Locum
Is this the change you've been looking for? We are searching for a highly motivated, flexible and dedicated speech pathologist to join the expanding private practice team at Cocoon Paediatrics in Burnie. A $5000 relocation grant may be available to eligible applicants!
Cocoon Paediatrics provides speech pathology and occupational therapy services to children and their families, across the idyllic North West Coast of Tasmania.
In this position, you would be required to:
- Independently manage a paediatric caseload, working with children between the ages of 0-16 with varying developmental delays and/or diagnoses
- Implement evidence-based, client-centred assessment and outcome focused therapy with children with a range of speech, language, social communication, literacy, fluency, and feeding challenges, in individual and group settings
- Recommend and prescribe appropriate AAC
- Liaise with relevant external agencies, parents, carers and teachers to provide holistic and coordinated client-centred care
- Compile reports, recommendations and programs as required for key stakeholders
- Demonstrate commitment to ongoing personal and professional development. Generous professional development allowance, and regular formal supervision and support will be provided.
The successful applicant will need to meet the following essential criteria:
- Hold a Bachelor or Masters of Speech Pathology, and be eligible to be a certified Practising Speech Pathologist registered with Speech Pathology Australia
- Hold a current full Australian driver’s licence
- Be eligible for, or have a current Tasmanian Working with Vulnerable People card (Child related activity)
The Cocoon Paediatrics clinic is based in the seaside town of Burnie, and the successful applicant would be required to provide services in their clinic, and occasionally travel throughout the region to provide services within the home, school, and community settings.
Cocoon Paediatrics is a small team that prides themselves on the passionate and empowering culture they have created. They are a vibrant and supportive workplace and have the ability to offer flexible and family friendly working arrangements. They enjoy regular team meetings and in-house training sessions, complete with quality coffee!
What's on offer?
Remuneration is to be negotiated based on level of experience, and is paid in accordance with the Health Professionals and Support Services Award agreement.
Employment will commence on a minimum 12-month contract, with the successful applicant's preference for part-time or full-time hours to be considered. Recent graduates and experienced clinicians are encouraged to apply. Caseloads can be tailored to suit areas of interest.
In addition to all of the above HR+ also has a $5000 relocation grant available to eligible applicants and you would also be eligible to apply for a Health Workforce Scholarship up to the value of $10,000 per year over 2 years to complete additional post graduate training or other eligible professional development.
If you feel that you and Cocoon could be a good fit, or you would like more information, please contact the team. They would love to speak with you!
Interested applicants are encouraged to phone on 0499 223 773. Or send an application letter and resume to email@example.com
Date advertised: Wednesday 24th June 2020