Senior Speech Pathologist - MouthWorks (Lindisfarne)
Location: Southern Tasmania
Occupation: Speech Pathology
Position Type: Full Time
MouthWorks has a Senior Clinician position on offer for an experienced speech pathologist looking to join a well-established multi-disciplinary team. Come and find out why Hobart was named one of the top 10 spots in the world to visit by Lonely Planet!
MouthWorks focuses on clinicians working within a multi-disciplinary team. They work in many settings in the community, including in-clinic rooms, residential aged care facilities, schools and homes. This position may involve either paediatric or adult caseload – or a mixed caseload if you are looking for variety. Caseloads are flexible.
The caseload may include children with difficulties in language, speech sound articulation, phonological processes, social skills, literacy and stuttering as well as swallowing and orofacial myofunctional disorders (tongue-thrust swallow, aberrant oral habits etc). There is the opportunity to work with paediatric feeding difficulties, as well as with early intervention and adolescent disability caseloads. Training in these areas can also be provided.
The adult clinical population ranges from congenital to acquired disorders and chronic disease processes and disability. Management of this caseload includes dysphagia management, oral rehabilitation and communication support. The adult population is serviced in clinical, nursing home and community settings across greater Hobart.
The successful candidate will possess the following attributes:
- Senior speech pathology experience
- Be highly organised and have attention to detail
- Enthusiasm to research evidence based Speech Pathology services
- Educate professionals as well as individuals and families about Speech Pathology
- Have demonstrated a capacity to learn quickly
- The ability to lead a multi-disciplinary team
- Polite, well-mannered and kind
- A practical, can-do attitude
- Capacity to inspire and motivate others
- Passion for our patients, families and the community
- Excellent inter-personal and communication skills
Each applicant must:
- Be a current member of Speech Pathology Australia (or able to attain membership)
- Be eligible for a Medicare Provider Number
- Hold a Working With Vulnerable People Card
- Have a National Police Check (no more than 2 years since issue)
- Wages will reflect experience and skill level and will be negotiated based upon the Award.
MouthWorks is an innovative and growing multi-disciplinary private practice servicing both the local Lindisfarne community and the broader Tasmanian community through telehealth consultation. We are looking for a Senior Speech Pathologist to work within and lead our multi-disciplinary team. Our team currently includes Speech Pathologists, Occupational Therapists, Dietitians and Lactation Consultancy.
What's on offer?
This position is offered with flexible working hours dependant on the successful candidate's availability and ability to meet the caseload and management needs, with either full or part time hours available for the right candidate. Hours are highly flexible and can be negotiated to suit your situation.
If you feel this is the position for you and you would like to be part of this friendly, innovative and exciting team, reply to this add or email resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org .View their website at www.mouthworks.net
Date advertised: Friday 14th December 2018
Contact Holly on (03) 6218 2887 for further details.