Social Worker - Health Styles Clinic- North-West
Location: North West Tasmania
Occupation: Social Work
Position Type: Permanent, Part Time
Healthstyles Clinic, a leading registered NDIS provider, is experiencing strong demand for services and is seeking to appoint an experienced social worker to their North-West clinic.
This position is permanent with flexible hours and is located in the beautiful North-West of Tasmania, known as the gateway to the Tasmanian wilderness, and for its amazing produce and great beaches.
They are seeking an experienced practitioner to provide therapy and behaviour support to their participants. Working with a range of stakeholders, they develop specialised Behaviour Support Plans using evidence-based therapy methods to identify strategies and get great outcomes for their participants.
- Work with a variety of stakeholders to understand participant's situations and assist them to develop the skills they need.
- Conduct functional behaviour observations and assessments for NDIS clients both at the clinic and out in the field.
- Develop and implement evidence-based positive behaviour support plans and prepare reports in line with NDIS requirements.
- Provide training for parents and support services to implement plans and strategies.
- Liaise with participants, staff and other stakeholders.
What can you bring to the role?
To be considered for this opportunity you must have:
- Desire to learn about and apply positive behaviour support services and methods.
- Demonstrated experience working with people with disability, their families and supports.
- The ability to work independently to manage a clinical caseload and develop reports and programs.
- Strong observational, research and communication skills.
- A Bachelor or Master of Social Work or other relevant allied health qualification.
- Membership of Australian Association of Social Workers (AASW).
- A current working with vulnerable people registration.
Operating since 2005, their friendly and professional allied health practice has established a reputation
for professional and effective service delivery right across the North-West and
Northern regions of Tasmania.
Led by a board approved
supervisor with 25 years’ experience as a registered psychologist, the team of
passionate and experienced social workers, psychologists and behaviour
specialists are supported by a standout administrative team to make the day run
What's on offer?
Healthstyles Clinic values flexibility and you will get all the benefits of working with a committed team whilst managing your own hours and schedule. This is an excellent opportunity to learn from a highly experienced, multidisciplinary team focused on improving outcomes for their clients. They offer a strong emphasis
on training and ample opportunity for professional development, with a
competitive salary on offer, dependent on experience.
The position is permanent
with flexible hours to suit either full time or part time arrangements. The
demand for services far outweighs capacity so you can choose how much you work
with an existing caseload, and you will know that you are making a real
difference in this tight knit community.
Apply through Seek or contact Gemma Hine Smith on 0488 481 884 or email@example.com for a confidential discussion.
Date advertised: Thursday 9th November 2023