Clinical Psychologist - headspace (Launceston)
Location: Northern Tasmania
Position Type: Full Time
Would you like the opportunity to work for a leading youth mental health organisation? headspace Launceston is seeking a clinical psychologist to join their multi-disciplinary team.
The successful applicant will become a key staff member within the headspace Launceston team and will work closely with staff in the headspace primary care team (General Practitioners, Psychologists, Social Workers, Occupational Therapists, Youth Health Nurses, Youth Workers) and a range of government and non-government service providers.
Other key relationships include other service providers, school communities and collocated services.
The Clinical Psychologist will
- 1. Engage young people and conduct clinical assessment and the initial screening of young people referred to or who access headspace, according to the headspace policies and procedures.
- 2. Provide clinical supervision services to Psychologists employed with headspace, and Psychology students in placement with the service
- 3. Identify young people who require assistance with mental health problems, substance use problems, education, training or employment and/or, other care or service needs.
- 4. Support the implementation and on-going development of the headspace primary mental health assessment, intervention, and referral protocols by:
- 5. Document results of assessment and screening, and present cases for review in conjunction with other headspace team members.
- 6. Maintain required activity records for monitoring and evaluation of headspace.
- 7. Participate in and contribute to team meetings, training and planning activities, service evaluation and clinical governance activities including data collection, supervision, file auditing, performance management etc.
- 8. Prepare recommendations, reports and proposals as necessary to meet Cornerstone and headspace requirements.
- Post graduate degree in Clinical Psychology.
- Full registration with AHPRA as a Clinical Psychologist.
- Eligible to register with Medicare.
- Previous experience working in the youth mental health sector and/or primary healthcare environment is desirable.
Who we are: Cornerstone Youth Services Inc. (CYS) delivers a broad range of services to our community of young people aged 12 to 25 in North and North-West Tasmania. We focus on health promotion, prevention, education, early intervention and developing help-seeking behaviours. Our services to young people include access to ‘no charge’ GP's, Youth Health Nurses, Drug & Alcohol, Social and Youth Workers and Allied Health. We also provide individual and group support and activities; school programs; advocacy to access many other services to improve general or specific health and well-being.
What's on offer?
Pay and Conditions: Salary will be negotiated based on experience and skills. The successful applicant will have access to excellent Salary Packaging benefits, professional development and training allowances, and flexible work arrangements.
Contact: If you have any questions regarding this position or the application process please contact Wayne Frost, headspace Manager, on 03 6335 3100.
How to Apply: To apply for this position please send;
- a cover letter, and
- a copy of your CV
Applications close 5.00pm Friday 22 November, 2019
Date advertised: Thursday 14th November 2019