Occupational Therapist - Cocoon Paediatrics (Burnie)
Location: North West Tasmania
Occupation: Occupational Therapy
Position Type: Full Time, Permanent, Part Time
Have you been thinking about making a change? Is it time for a slower pace and an increase in your work-life balance? Are you a qualified Occupational Therapist with experience or a keen interest in paediatrics? We are looking for a highly motivated, flexible and dedicated Occupational Therapist to join the expanding paediatric private practice team at Cocoon Paediatrics.
Cocoon Paediatrics provides Occupational Therapy and Speech Pathology services to children, aged 0-16 years, and their families across the idyllic North West Coast of Tasmania.
In this position, you would be required to:
- Autonomously manage a paediatric caseload, working with children between the ages of 0-16 with varying developmental delays and/or diagnoses
- Implement evidence-based, client-centred assessment and outcome focused therapy with children with a range of motor, cognitive, play and daily life skill difficulties, as well as sensory processing and social emotional development challenges
- Recommend and prescribe appropriate environmental modifications and equipment
- Liaise with relevant external agencies, parents, carers, teachers to provide holistic and coordinated client-centred care
- Compile reports, recommendations and programs as required for key stakeholders
- Demonstrate commitment to ongoing personal and professional development. Generous professional development allowance, and regular formal supervision and support will be provided.
The successful applicant will need to meet the following essential criteria:
- Hold a Bachelor or Masters of Occupational Therapy, and be a registered Occupational Therapist with AHPRA.
- Hold a current full Australian driver’s license
- Be eligible for, or have a current Tasmanian Working with Vulnerable People card (Child related activity)
The sunny Cocoon Paediatric clinic, complete with ocean views, is based in the seaside town of Burnie. Occasional travel throughout the region may be required as they provide assessment and therapy at their clinic, and within the home, school and community settings. They service a range of children’s needs through various funding models, including private paying, Medicare initiatives and NDIS funding schemes.
Cocoon Paediatrics is a small team that prides themselves on the passionate and empowering culture they have created. They are a vibrant and supportive workplace and have the ability to offer flexible and family friendly working arrangements. They enjoy regular team meetings and in-house training sessions, complete with quality coffee!
What's on offer?
Generous remuneration is on offer, and is to be negotiated based on level of experience, and is paid in accordance with the relevant Health Award. Employment will commence on a minimum 12-month contract, with the option to extend. The successful applicant's preference for part-time or full-time hours to be considered. Recent graduates and experienced clinicians are encouraged to apply. Caseloads can be tailored to suit areas of interest.
In addition to all of the above HR+ also has a $5000 relocation grant available to eligible applicants and you would also be eligible to apply for a Health Workforce Scholarship up to the value of $10,000 per year over 2 years to complete additional post graduate training or other eligible professional development.
If you feel that you and Cocoon could be a good fit, or you would like more information, please contact the team. They would love to speak with you!
Interested applicants are encouraged to phone on 0499 223 773. Or send an application letter and resume to email@example.com
Date advertised: Thursday 2nd July 2020