Psychologist, Accredited Mental Health Social Worker or Mental Health Occupational Therapist - Gidget House (Hobart)
Gidget Foundation Australia
Location: Southern Tasmania
Occupation: Occupational Therapy, Psychology, Social Work
Position Type: Casual / Contract / Locum
Gidget House is a newly established facility specialising in perinatal care. They currently have part-time vacancies for experienced Psychologists, Accredited Mental Health Social Workers, or Mental Health O.T.’s. Gidget Foundation Australia (GFA) are willing to provide training through their Perinatal and Infant Mental Health Training & Development Program to candidates. As part of their employment package, they offer professional development and more than $5000 in annual benefits.
Gidget Foundation Australia (GFA) are seeking Clinical Psychologists, Registered Psychologists, accredited Mental Health Social Workers or Mental Health O.T.’s to deliver face to face psychological support at the newly established Gidget House site in Hobart, located in the Peacock Centre. Their specialist perinatal (conception to one year postpartum) clinicians provide a wide range of individual, couple and parent-infant therapies to women and their partners. In addition to pre-conception counselling, they offer services to those experiencing, or at risk of developing, perinatal depressive, anxiety and trauma or stressor-related disorders. Support is also provided to women and their partners who have experienced a pregnancy or childbirth-related loss, e.g., stillbirth, miscarriage or termination.
The service is delivered through Medicare’s Better Access initiative and the remuneration for all clinicians is therefore the affiliated Medicare Rebate.
- Demonstrated proficiency in comprehensive psychological assessment and evidence-based therapy relevant to expectant and new parents with perinatal mental health issues.
- AHPRA registration with endorsements in psychology or accreditation as a mental health social worker.
- At least 3 years post-registration experience, with specific experience working with perinatal clients or in a complementary field. (For social workers, demonstrated independent caseload management experience with perinatal clients prior to accreditation may be considered).
- Demonstrated ability to work within a recovery-oriented model, utilising a person/family centred approach.
- Demonstrated high level communication, interpersonal and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work independently under approved professional supervision.
- Effective caseload management.
If this role sounds like a role, you would be interested in, but you don’t have the experience, they also offer the Perinatal & Infant Mental Health Training program, a free perinatal skills development program which is available to clinicians with general mental health experience.
Gidget Foundation Australia is a not-for-profit organisation that supports the emotional wellbeing of expectant and new parents. “Gidget” was the nickname of a vibrant young mother who tragically took her own life while suffering postnatal depression. She hid her suffering from even her loving family and friends. Together, they created Gidget Foundation Australia determined that what happened to Gidget would not happen to others.
What's on offer?
Gidget Foundation Australia (GFA) offers more than $5000 in annual benefits, including:
- Free Supervision (group and individual) and professional development opportunities.
- Access to free specialist PMH seminars
- Full-time or multiple part time contractor positions
- Centralised appointment booking and management.
- Opportunity to specialise in perinatal mental health and early intervention.
Please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Referees will be sought upon short list completion.
Please contact Peni Bailey, Gidget House & Start Talking Program Manager for further enquiries, Peni.Bailey@gidgetfoundation.org.au or 0438 761 329.
The suitable applicant will be subject to the relevant pre-employment checks for appointment to positions at Gidget Foundation Australia. Gidget Foundation Australia COVID-19 Vaccination Policy requires all staff to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
Gidget Foundation Australia is committed to achieving a diverse workforce and strongly encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
Date advertised: Thursday 23rd November 2023