Psychologist, Mental Health Accredited OT/Social Worker - Nurture Clinical Psychology (Ulverstone)
Nurture Clinical Psychology
Location: North West Tasmania
Occupation: Occupational Therapy, Psychology, Social Work
Position Type: Full Time
There is an opportunity for a psychologist, clinical psychologist, or mental health accredited OT/Social worker to join Nurture Clinical Psychology on either a full or part-time basis.
The successful applicant(s) will demonstrate a high work ethic and use a variety of evidence-based approaches to best assist and support a range of clients.
This position offers:
- An attractive, comfortable consulting room with adjoining kitchenette
- Electronic diary management and file storage, accessible remotely.
- Administrative support, including intake/triage and booking of initial appointments
- Flexible hours
- Attractive remuneration
- Regular peer supervision
- The opportunity to build your clinical and private practice skills and knowledge, with support
- (if subcontracting) an ABN, or eligibility to obtain one
- registration with AHPRA -Eligibility for a Medicare Provider number
-Working with Children Check
-Experience in working with a range of client groups and presentations
- A strong work ethic, particularly as it relates to reliability and punctuality
- The ability to comply with requirements under Medicare Better Access and other relevant funding bodies
- Excellent written communication skills
- The ability to conduct assessments, and to formulate and carry out treatment plans
- The ability to liaise with other parties such as GPs, allied health professionals, and other agencies where relevant
- A commitment to quality therapies and ongoing professional development
- The ability and confidence to work independently
Nurture Clinical Psychology has operated as a solo private practice since November 2017, and was established by Adelle Sushames (Clinical Psychologist). Adelle’s professional background and experience includes working with people with disabilities of all ages, autism early intervention, and working with families.
Since opening in 2017, the practice has also attracted a range of adolescent and adult clients. The practice is situated in the beautiful town of Ulverstone, in North-West Tasmania, and overlooks the Leven River and picturesque Dial Range. The practice has a reliable referral base and an excellent local reputation.
What's on offer?
This position offers an opportunity to build clinical skills in a cosy, relaxed environment. Clients feel at home through the use of room design and the option to have a chat over a cup of tea. As a small practice, peer consultation and supervision are more accessible, and we aim to be proactive rather than reactive in supporting clients.
For clinicians who are sick of the rat race, or those just starting out, this position offers a nice balance of support, direction and autonomy.
The successful applicant will also be eligible to apply for the Health Workforce Scholarship Program through HR+. This offers scholarships or bursary payment to cover further study or attendance at courses (including travel and accommodation expenses).
Please attach your resume and a brief explanation of why you are interested in joining this practice. Please note that you will not be considered if your application is incomplete or you do not meet essential criteria.
Date advertised: Wednesday 24th July 2019