Paediatric Occupational Therapist- Kites Therapy Tasmania (Bellerive)
Kites Therapy Tasmania
Location: Southern Tasmania
Occupation: Occupational Therapy
Position Type: Full Time
Join the team at Kites Therapy Tasmania as a Paediatric Occupational Therapist and make a lasting impact on the lives of children with disabilities while enjoying the beauty of Tasmania, flexible working arrangements, competitive salary, and professional development opportunities.
ASSOCIATION FOR THE BLIND
This role will be working within the Kites Therapy Team. Located in their office across from the gorgeous waterfront of Bellerive, you will work with children and their families to support the development of their communication skills, social skills. physical skills or abilities.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities
- Provide occupational therapy assessment, intervention and evaluation.
- Deliver individual and group-based services
- Manage a client caseload in accordance within service provision guidelines and/or external agency requirements.
- Prescribe assistive technology for position and function. Work as a member of a collaborative team and take on the role of Key Contact to allocated clients.
- Meet individual Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
- Maintain timely and accurate records and related assessments, case plans and documentation of services within the Client Management System.
- Monitor and evaluate the provision of individualised and person-centred services and supports to ensure adherence to organisational policies, procedures, standards and relevant contractual obligations.
- Report to the Program Manager any issues relating to or impacting upon service provision for areas of responsibility.
- Provide an integrated and holistic approach to service in liaison with team members, other health professionals and community agencies as required.
- Actively seek information from the organisation’s Process Mapping System and contribute to the creation and ongoing improvement of processes through providing input, feedback and suggestions.
- Maintain up to date knowledge of professional Occupational Therapy practices.
- Contribute to the wider profession by undertaking coaching and mentoring of students.
- Other duties as required by the Program Manager or Manager.
Skills and attributes required
- Bachelor of Science (Occupational Therapy) or equivalent, and registered with AHPRA to practice in Tasmania.
- Strong ability to manage a case load of clients, consistently meeting service delivery objectives and timeframes.
- High level of interpersonal skills as this role requires you to work within an interdisciplinary team, external organisations and a varied client base
- Strong written communications skills for writing comprehensive, concise and accurate reports for client recommendations
- Ability to implement person and family-centred interventions
- Strong administration and organisation skills
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team to achieve positive outcomes
- Ability to demonstrate a personal commitment to the philosophy, objectives and mission statement of the organisation.
- Current Working with Vulnerable People Card (NDIS-endorsed activity).
- Current National Police Check
- Up-to-date Flu and COVD vaccinations
- Able to travel to client appointments and the office as required.
If this sounds like you, then the team at Kites want to hear from you!
Kites Therapy Tasmania is owned and operated by the EverAbility Group (previously VisAbility Limited).
Kites Therapy Tasmania work with kids living with disability or developmental challenges and provide them - and their families, with personalised early intervention support, advice and solutions that transform their lives. They enable those that we work with to look to the future with confidence. A future filled with possibilities.
Their specialists, therapists and experts from across the disability and childhood development field work together to be whatever families need. Their team support each other to be their best. They trust each other to do their best. They deliver.
What's on offer?
Enjoy a generous employment package:
- Competitive salary coupled with generous salary packaging allowing you to boost your income
- Flexible working arrangements
- Work within a friendly and supportive multidisciplinary supportive team
- Clinical supervision, training and Professional Development opportunities
- An Employee Assistance Program offering external counselling services to you and immediate family members
- Contribution towards interstate relocation expenses Additional 3 days paid leave between Christmas and New Year.
Enjoy varied and purposeful work:
- Feel rewarded by purpose in your work as you help people living with disability and developmental delay to achieve independence and inclusion. Be challenged by the work you do in this dynamic and changing environment.
- Be supported by the team of professionals and be provided with regular and focussed supervision. Kites have a number of professionals in diverse roles with expertise in their field.
- Feel rewarded by purpose in your work as you make a difference to the lives of children and their families. You will also benefit from:
Enjoy the best of Tasmania:
- Enjoy everything that Tasmania has to offer: A rich arts and cultural life, amazing food and wine experiences, world-class museums and art galleries, and an abundance of natural beauty.
If you are interested in this position apply now with your resume and cover letter addressing your suitability for the role
If you have any questions about this role, please contact Tennille Burns, Program Manager, Kites Therapy on or (03) 6245 9232 or firstname.lastname@example.org
using the subject line: Paediatric Occupational Therapist enquiry via HR+ Tasmania.
Date advertised: Thursday 9th November 2023