Occupational Therapist - Independent Living Centre (Ulverstone)
Independent Living Centre
Location: North West Tasmania
Occupation: Occupational Therapy
Position Type: Full Time, Permanent, Part Time
If you are an occupational therapist looking to enjoy the pristine, clean, Covid free air of Tasmania then we have the position for you. Working for a leading not for profit organisation, Independent Living Centre, Tasmania in their rapidly expanding office based in the picturesque North West coast. HR+ has a $5000 relocation grant available and lots of other perks!
Independent Living Centre. Tasmania (ILC Tas) is seeking an occupational therapist to fill an exciting new full time position in the seaside town of Ulverstone, in North West Tasmania. Chances are that if you are an AHPRA registered OT you already have the core skills but here are some things that ILC Tas will be looking for:
- You are a great ‘people person’ and will bring a great vibe to the place! Helping clients with a free information and advisory service and then also providing state-wide allied health services.
- As they offer a state-wide service a driver’s licence is a must, plus you will get to enjoy all the beautiful scenery on offer around Tassie.
- Experience working across a range of disabilities and home modifications and equipment prescription, but they do have a large team of experienced OT’s to support you in areas that may be new to you.
- A desire to learn, professional development in this ever changing landscape should be a passion that you share with the team.
- Speaking of teams ILC Tas have a great team culture and will need someone that plays well with others and that can work well unsupervised (they like to treat their team members like the responsible adults that they are).
- Computer literacy, report writing, common sense and emotional intelligence will all be highly regarded
- Graduates are encouraged to apply, being a part of a team of 10 other OT’s will be a great start to your career.
ILC Tas actively supports their staff to specialise in areas of interest, whether they are personal or professional. There are so many benefits with this approach. It means that staff get to do what they love and clients enjoy the reward. There are not many organisations out there that can claim that!
Independent Living Centre Tasmania is a unique not for profit organisation that offers a free information and advisory service and a fee for service allied health business. The information service is a drop in service for people all over the state to learn about Assistive Technology. . They are a registered NDIS provider and also work with a range of other funders. You will need to be energetic, being able to think on your feet and attend to people who drop in to the centre as needed.
Independent living has 3 main offices, each is staffed with happy allied health and support staff. Hobart has a team of 4 other OT’s and Launceston has 5…. And this OT position is an opportunity to join the ILC Tas family and one other OT in the North West.
Tasmania’s north-west is the gateway to some of Tasmania’s most natural places. Ulverstone is a great place to base yourself to explore the classic coastal drives, food trails, stunning national parks and beautiful nature reserves. Ulverstone has reinvented itself as a vibrant and creative destination, with a relaxed seaside atmosphere and is situated between the third and fourth largest cities of Tasmania, Devonport and Burnie.
If you work with ILC Tas there is no weekend work so you could explore what this island state has to offer, with Devonport around the corner, the famous Nut at Stanley, Table Cape near Wynyard and inspired growers and makers producing the ultimate paddock to plate experiences, whatever your interests are you will find something to feed your soul.
What's on offer?
Not only will you get to join an already amazing team, with a great work ethic, fun loving culture and that genuinely cares about the well-being of their clients! The team also enjoys a meal out together on the company every 3 months, not a bad way to enjoy time with your co-workers.
But seriously, addition to all the fun stuff there is structured career development, paid professional development and a generous salary with access to salary packaging.
If you are already in Tasmania then be sure to enquire- you don’t know what you could be missing out on. If you are interstate then don’t let a bit of quarantine time put you off, think of it as time to unwind and the team will be able to include you remotely and support you with your move.
HR+ also has a $5000 relocation grant available to eligible applicants and anyone successful in obtaining this role would be eligible to apply for a Health Workforce Scholarship Program, up to the value of $10,000 per year over 2 years so it is a very generous program if you are considering upskilling or post graduate studies.
If any of this interests you then don’t delay, pick up the phone and call or text Trent McHugh on 0415 034 051 so he can tell you all about what you could be a part of. If email is preferred flick him your details at email@example.com
Date advertised: Tuesday 25th August 2020