Occupational Therapist - Independent Living Centre (Launceston)
Independent Living Centre
Location: Northern Tasmania
Occupation: Occupational Therapy
Position Type: Full Time, Permanent, Part Time
If you are an occupational therapist looking to enjoy the pristine, clean, Covid free air of Tasmania then we have the position for you! Based in Launceston, one of Australia’s most liveable regional cities, and working with a leading not for profit organisation, Independent Living Centre, Tasmania.
Independent Living Centre. Tasmania (ILC Tas) is seeking an occupational therapist to fill an exciting new full time position in Launceston, the heart of Northern Tasmania. Chances are that if you are an AHPRA registered OT you already have the core skills but here are some things that ILC Tas will be looking for:
- You are a great ‘people person’ and will bring a great vibe to the place! Helping clients with a free information and advisory service and then also providing state-wide allied health services.
- As they offer a state-wide service a driver’s licence is a must, plus you will get to enjoy all the beautiful scenery on offer around Tassie.
- Experience working across a range of disabilities, home modifications and equipment prescription. But they do have a large team of experienced OT’s to support you in areas that may be new to you.
- A desire to learn; professional development in this ever changing landscape should be a passion that you share with the team.
- Speaking of teams, ILC Tas have a great team culture and will need someone that plays well with others and that can work well unsupervised (they like to treat their team members like the responsible adults that they are).
- Computer literacy, report writing, common sense and emotional intelligence will all be highly regarded
- Graduates are encouraged to apply, being a part of a team of 10 other OT’s will be a great start to your career.
ILC Tas actively supports their staff to specialise in areas of interest, whether they are personal or professional. There are so many benefits with this approach. It means that staff get to do what they love and clients enjoy the reward. There are not many organisations out there that can claim that!
Independent Living Centre Tasmania is a unique not for profit organisation that offers a free information and advisory service and a fee for service allied health business. The information service is a drop in service for people all over the state to learn about Assistive Technology. . They are a registered NDIS provider and also work with a range of other funders. You will need to be energetic, being able to think on your feet and attend to people who drop in to the centre as needed.
Independent living has 3 main offices, each is staffed with happy allied health and support staff. Launceston has a team of 5 other OT’s and Hobart has 4 and another OT in the North West.
Being a regional city, Launceston offers the option of an inner city, suburban or rural lifestyle all within about a 20 minute drive. Based in beautiful Northern Tasmania, you have access to 1 hour flights to Melbourne (once the pandemic is over) and also on your doorstep are world class wineries, short walks, mountain bike trails, heritage listed attractions, plenty of food and market options, art festivals and coastal towns to visit. Housing is very affordable and there is something to suit everyone. You won’t know what you have been missing out on until you try it!
If you work with ILC Tas there is no weekend work so you could explore what this island state has to offer, with Cradle Mountain on your doorstep and just a short drive to our capital city of Hobart, whatever your interests are you will find something to feed your soul.
What's on offer?
Not only will you get to join an already amazing team, with a great work ethic, fun loving culture and that genuinely cares about the well-being of their clients but you will also get your birthday off every year! The team also enjoys a meal out together on the company every 3 months, not a bad way to enjoy time with your co-workers.
But seriously, addition to all the fun stuff there is structured career development, paid professional development and a generous salary with access to salary packaging.
If you are already in Tasmania then be sure to enquire- you don’t know what you could be missing out on. If you are interstate then don’t let a bit of quarantine time put you off, think of it as time to unwind and the team will be able to include you remotely and support you with your move. A generous relocation package will be negotiated with you if you need one!
If any of this interests you then don’t delay, pick up the phone and call or text Trent McHugh on 0415 034 051 so he can tell you all about what you could be a part of. If email is preferred flick him your details at email@example.com
Date advertised: Tuesday 25th August 2020