Occupational Therapist - Engage Therapy (Launceston)
Location: Northern Tasmania
Occupation: Occupational Therapy
Position Type: Full Time
Due to the rapid growth of this unique business in Launceston, Engage Therapy is seeking an additional 2 full time or part time occupational therapists to join this experienced multi-disciplinary team. This role offers a great salary, great perks and the opportunity to control the direction of your career.
If you are looking for a Level 2 Occupational Therapy role in paediatrics and have at least two years clinical experience (full-time or equivalent hours), you must consider this opportunity.
You will be motivated to focus your professional development in one or more of the following areas:
- Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Cerebral Palsy
- Early Intervention
- Neurodegenerative disorders
- Complex Assistive Technology including powered mobility
- Home modifications
You will be joining Therapy Director Natasha Mackinnon, Senior Paediatric Physiotherapist and the Allied Health team. The team consists of 2 Senior Physiotherapists, 3 Senior Occupational Therapists, 2 Senior Speech Pathologists and a Senior Dietitian. All therapists have more than 5 years clinical experience. The team is well supported by 2 full time administration staff and 2 therapy assistants. Be sure to take a look at their website https://www.engagetherapy.com.au/
The position includes:
- Your own laptop, phone app and a travel allowance for when you are out in the community visiting homes, schools, and other locations.
- A competitive salary (well above award and negotiated based on experience) and job security. This will be negotiable based on experience and will start at $78,000 +superannuation + PD.
- Commission benefits for therapists who are achieving above their billable hours’ targets.
- An amazing budget of $3500 for professional development for 1 FTE and pro rata for part-time. 5 days of paid professional development leave for full-time and pro-rata for part-time.
- Relocation package to value of $5000
- The support of a multidisciplinary team, weekly meetings, regular supervision, and an open-door policy.
- A great team culture with a group who like having regular dinners, social activities, and love to celebrate a birthday.
- You will be joining an innovative and creative bunch who love to have input into the direction of the business and a say in the resources that will benefit them- with a manger who will listen!
Whilst 2 full time positions are available, part time hours will be considered for the right applicant. The hours are flexible, and you have the option to work from home.
You will embody the core values of Engage Therapy, be a team player, strive to work in partnership with clients, demonstrate passion for their profession and have a positive personality. AHPRA registration is essential.
Engage Therapy is predominantly an NDIS provider established in Launceston to deliver an integrated therapy service to clients. Our therapists have a passion for quality care. The services are predominantly in the North with options for outreach. They work with a broad range of paediatric conditions and adults with complex disabilities.
Engage Therapy has their very own contemporary, purpose-built facility which comprises of 2 clinics within the same complex. There is a combination of individual consultation rooms, group spaces and an amazing life skills space with an accessible kitchen that includes height adjustable surfaces and a gantry hoist system – an occupational therapists dream space!
Engage Therapy also happens to be in one of Australia’s most liveable cities- Launceston. It is a vibrant hub for food, wine and culture. The Tamar Valley is famous for its vineyards, lavender plantations, strawberry farms and orchards. The wilderness is also just on your doorstep with the Cataract Gorge just minutes from the city centre and places like Cradle Mountain and other famous national parks just a short trip away.
What's on offer?
Engage Therapy’s established group of senior therapists will provide a supportive environment, with regular access to supervision and professional development opportunities. You will have the opportunity to contribute to the strategic direction and clinical service development at Engage Therapy.
If you would like further information you can request a Level 2 occupational therapy job description from Natasha on email@example.com
or she would be more than happy for you to call her on 03 6343 7852. Alternatively you can email your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Date advertised: Thursday 13th August 2020