Occupational Therapist - Emerge Allied Health (St Helens)
Emerge Allied Health
Location: East Coast Tasmania
Occupation: Occupational Therapy
Position Type: Full Time, Part Time
Are you a paediatric occupational therapist seeking a seaside change? The stunning east coast of Tasmania is calling, and SARRAH is offering a scholarship and HR+ is offering a $5000 relocation grant.
Emerge Allied Health have partnered with SARRAH and are offering an experienced, innovative, and passionate paediatric occupational therapist the opportunity to join their group practice with a scholarship to complete the Allied Health Rural Generalist pathway, through James Cook University.
Emerge Allied Health provide services in Launceston and outreach services to regional areas of Tasmania. Due to a period of growth, and the ongoing need for services, specifically on the East Coast of Tasmania they are seeking a suitably qualified occupational therapist to join their dynamic team to provide a permanent service in St Helens And surrounds.
The successful candidate will possess a high level of interpersonal and communication skills, prioritisation and organisational skills including the ability to make decisions, meet deadlines and delegate.
You will be responsible for
- Delivering quality paediatric OT services across a number of generalist clinical areas
- Working collaboratively and effectively within a multidisciplinary team
- Participate in the service development to ensure Emerge services remain current and innovative.
- Develop clinical practice knowledge and expertise through active learning within a team and by engaging in professional development activities.
- If applicable, active participation in the SARRAH rural allied health initiative.
What do I need?
- Have Membership or eligibility for AHPRA registration and the ability to apply for Medicare Services.
- Demonstrated experience to function autonomously and as part of a team.
- Willingness to participate in self-development and ongoing training.
- Experience in Educational, Disability and/ or Community practice is preferred but not mandatory.
- Recently Graduated OTs are also encouraged to apply.
- Position can be managed to suit part time or full time.
- Relevant legislative requirements e.g. Working with Vulnerable Children and Police Checks.
- Position will be located in rural Tasmania, travel is an element of this role within the outreach context so a drivers licence and own transport is required.
St Helens is the largest East Coast town in Tasmania and was named one of Lonely Planets top ten regions in the world! If you have been thinking about making the move, this is your chance to be living the dream, with the added support of an extraordinary team.
Emerge Allied Health has an exceptional reputation and is a well-established multi-disciplinary group practice committed to delivering innovative family centred interventions and training across North and East Coast Tasmania.
Emerge Allied Health is primarily a paediatric service seeing young people and their families with a range of needs requiring therapy supports. The practice was born out of a desire to offer down to earth, evidence-based services and to see children and families reach their goals. They offer both individual, family and group programs as well as training to service providers.
What's on offer?
HR+ is offering a $5000 relocation grant to the successful applicant.
You will also receive a SARRAH scholarship to complete the Allied Health Rural Generalist Pathway. Depending on your experience you will be funded to complete the Level 1 or Level 2 (Graduate Diploma) education with James Cook University. This is a work integrated learning program – you will be provided with time at work for study and dedicated structured supervision and support and a unique opportunity to work with your team contributing to service development. Allied Health Rural Generalist Pathway - SARRAH
In addition to the above you will be joining a truly diverse team. Currently, the team comprises of psychology, speech pathology, occupational therapy, behaviour and play therapy and allied health therapy assistants with a strong referral base. Find out more at www.emergealliedhealth.com
A generous salary or sub-contractor arrangements will be negotiated with successful applicants.
If this sounds like you, or if you want to find out more, please contact
Date advertised: Thursday 28th April 2022
03 6709 8270.