Occupational Therapist - Cocoon Paediatrics (Burnie)
Location: North West Tasmania
Occupation: Occupational Therapy
Position Type: Full Time, Part Time
Have you been thinking about making a change? Is it time for a slower pace of living and an increase in your work-life balance? Do you want more fulfilment from your professional role and to be valued as a member of an amazing team? If you are a qualified Occupational Therapist with experience or a keen interest in paediatrics, then Cocoon Paediatrics might just be what you are searching for! They are looking for a highly motivated, flexible and dedicated Occupational Therapist to join their expanding multi-disciplinary paediatric private practice team.
Cocoon Paediatrics provides allied health services to children and their families across the idyllic North West Coast of Tasmania.
In this position, you would be required to:
- Autonomously manage a paediatric caseload, working with children between the ages of 0-16 with varying developmental delays and/or diagnoses
- Implement evidence-based, client-centred assessment and outcome focused therapy with children with a range of motor, cognitive, play and daily life skill difficulties, as well as sensory processing and social emotional development challenges
- Recommend and prescribe appropriate environmental modifications and equipment
- Liaise with relevant external agencies, parents, carers, teachers to provide holistic and coordinated client-centred care
- Compile reports, recommendations and programs as required for key stakeholders
- Demonstrate commitment to ongoing personal and professional development. Generous professional development allowance, and regular formal supervision and support will be provided.
The successful applicant will need to meet the following essential criteria:
- Hold a Bachelor or Masters of Occupational Therapy, and be a registered Occupational Therapist with AHPRA.
- Hold a current full Australian driver’s license
- Be eligible for, or have a current Tasmanian Working with Vulnerable People card (Child related activity)
The Cocoon Paediatrics clinic is based in the seaside town of Burnie, and the successful applicant would be required to provide services in their clinic, and occasionally travel throughout the region to provide services within the home, school, and community settings.
Cocoon Paediatrics operates out of a spacious clinic in a sunny location, with dedicated on-site clinical and administrative support. They have an incredible team of experienced administration and allied health assistants at the ready to ensure efficient service provision. The team of therapists possess a wide range of skill sets from varying clinical backgrounds and range from experienced clinicians to more recent graduates.
Cocoon Paediatrics is a growing team that prides themselves on the passionate and empowering culture they have created. They are a vibrant and supportive workplace and can offer flexible and family friendly working arrangements. They value creativity, innovation, efficiency, and a proactive work ethic. They enjoy regular team meetings and in-house training sessions, complete with quality coffee and grazing platters! Good humour and a positive outlook are welcomed attributes.
What's on offer?
Generous remuneration is on offer. It is to be negotiated based on level of experience and may be paid above award. Allocated professional development allowance. A laptop is provided. Designated private staff car parking is provided onsite.
The successful applicant's preference for part-time or full-time hours will be considered. Family friendly and flexible working hours and arrangements are on offer. They understand the juggle of family and work life! Recent graduates and experienced clinicians are encouraged to apply. Caseloads can be tailored to suit areas of interest, and clinical supervision and support is provided as a priority. You will be encouraged to develop clinical areas of interest; advanced skill sets and enhance your therapeutic competencies.
In addition to all the above, HR+ also has a $5000 relocation grant available to eligible applicants and you would also be eligible to apply for a Health Workforce Scholarship up to the value of $10,000 per year over 2 years to complete additional post graduate training or other eligible professional development.
Have you got questions? Please contact the team! They want to make this work from your perspective and theirs too. They are happy to discuss anything that you feel is important to you about this role.
If you feel that you and Cocoon could be a good fit, or you would like more information, please contact Kayla or Sara on 0499 223 773. Or send an application letter and resume to email@example.com
Date advertised: Wednesday 10th March 2021