Occupational Therapist - Adapt Occupational Therapy (Launceston)
Adapt Occupational Therapy
Location: Northern Tasmania
Occupation: Occupational Therapy
Position Type: Full Time, Part Time
Adapt Occupational Therapy is a niche business offering community-based OT services in beautiful Northern Tasmania. Adapt OT is seeking enthusiastic and talented occupational therapists to join their team.
They work with adults living with disability or age-related change who require tailored supports to lead the lives they aspire to. Their clients come from all walks of life and their goals vary significantly. This leads to lots of variety in the OT role and opportunities to learn from each of the individuals that they work with.
The OT Role:
- Providing innovative assistive technology solutions, functional assessments, skills development programs and environmental modifications - you might have skills across these areas or offer specialist skills in a select area.
- They work flexibly offering services in people’s homes, community, or clinic settings, and via telehealth.
- They offer multi-disciplinary and specialist services through established links with local and interstate providers.
You would be perfect for this role if you:
- Are passionate about supporting people living with disability to maximise their quality of life, participation, and independence.
- Have 3+ years’ experience in cognitive and physical assessment and intervention, equipment prescription and/ or home modifications.
- Enjoy a challenge and are excited by the prospect of working with clients with varied needs.
- Would like flexibility and control over your working week.
- Can work independently and manage your own time.
- Enjoy working collaboratively with others to achieve positive client outcomes.
In order to fulfill the requirements of this role you must have:
- The right to work in Australia.
- A degree in Occupational Therapy and current registration with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA).
- A current Police Check (National Police Certificate) for employment.
- A current Working With Children (WWC) Check.
- A current Australian driver's licence and access to your own vehicle.
Why Adapt OT?
- They are a local service with a positive culture and established links in the local community.
- They are an NDIS registered organisation with robust HR, financial and IT systems in place to support their team.
- They believe that an engaged and well supported team are best placed to offer quality client services.
What's on offer?
The Role Offers:
- The opportunity to control the direction of your career based on your own skills or interests.
- Work/life harmony – they work flexible hours and can be office or home based.
- A supportive and experienced local team and extended virtual team with mentoring from senior clinicians.
- Collaborative working opportunities with professionals including other OTs from a range of services.
- A competitive salary negotiated based on experience.
- A positive learning culture and financial support to access professional development.
- Support of admin staff and an Allied Health Assistant.
- Cloud based patient management systems and communication tools
- Access to a work laptop and phone with IT back-up
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with your cover letter and CV outlining your skills, experience and what you can bring to their team.
Have questions or want to discuss employment opportunities?
Please email email@example.com or call Emma on 0475 297 729 or visit their website www.adaptot.org
They look forward to having you on board.
Date advertised: Wednesday 12th May 2021