Occupational Therapist - Care Forward (Devonport)
Location: North West Tasmania
Occupation: Occupational Therapy
Position Type: Permanent
Care Forward is an innovative, leading provider of home care services. They are a locally owned Tasmanian community service provider with a focus on reablement, health and well being. Their core business consists of assessment, coordination and delivery of home support services and community care across Tasmania and they are seeking an occupational therapist to join their team.
Job tasks and responsibilities
Intake of Occupational Therapy clients and the subsequent assessment, client goal setting and service planning which may include planning of home modifications.
- Using a wellness approach, developing goal orientated planning and service delivery in partnership with the consumer.
- Contributing to a multidisciplinary team approach to deliver programs using unique skills and knowledge of a clinical health professional.
- Liaising with referral agencies, service providers, consumers, family/advocate to ensure best possible outcomes for consumers.
- In partnership with the consumer monitoring and reviewing client progress whilst on the program via regular phone contact and/or home visits.
- Where appropriate educate clients' family and/or employer about how to support and accommodate for the client.
- Recommend equipment and aids. Facilitate the sourcing of aids and equipment appropriate to individual client needs and instruct the client how to use that equipment
You are an enthusiastic and dedicated Health Professional with a real passion for improving lives. With the ability to work autonomously you will thrive in this multidisciplinary environment. You are adaptable, enjoy meeting new people and working in a variety of settings.
Skills and experience:
- Current registration with AHPRA as an accredited Occupational Therapist
- Current motor vehicle driver's licence
- Two (2) professional referee checks - worked with candidate recently
- National Police Certificate obtained within the last three (3) months
1.Strong interpersonal and verbal / written communication skills enabling effective interaction with clients and their families, team members, external health professionals and key stakeholders.
2.Comprehensive understanding of community based service provision.
3.Demonstrated computer literacy with experience in word processing, calendar management software (Outlook) and data base applications.
4.An understanding of risk management principles, work place health and safety and continuous quality improvement processes and their application in the work place.
5.Preferably demonstrated postgraduate experience in providing evidence based clinical assessment and planning appropriate interventions for clients with chronic and/or complex conditions, with a focus on client reablement and independence using a wellness/restorative approach to service provision.
6.The ability to work autonomously and as a member of a multidisciplinary team.
For 20 years Care Forward have been providing care and support to people in their homes across Tasmania. Our dedicated and passionate team includes registered nurses, carers and allied health professionals – all working to restore independence, health and wellbeing to thousands of Tasmanians in all corners of the state.
What's on offer?
Care Forward support innovation, collaboration and creative thinking. They believe “our people are our biggest asset and we believe that working together, we're stronger.”
In return for your hard work they offer a range of great benefits. Care Forward take the health and well-being of our employees seriously and encourage well-being at all levels.
- Join a fun and energetic work environment with a great client base
- Well supported professional development access
- Comprehensive induction and ongoing support
- Flexible work arrangements supporting work/life balance
- Access to Business Class travel insurance
- Supported evidence based practice
- Salary range will dependent on years of experience
- A dynamic team environment
Please send your cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Date advertised: Wednesday 10th April 2019