Mental Health Clinician - Cornerstone Youth Services (Launceston)
Cornerstone Youth Services
Location: Northern Tasmania
Occupation: Occupational Therapy, Psychology, Social Work
Position Type: Part Time
Cornerstone Youth Services is seeking a suitably qualified mental health clinician (psychologist, social worker, OT or mental health nurse) to join their Launceston team on a part time basis (hours to be negotiated) working in their West Tamar Outreach Service.
This mental health clinician position, which would suit a recent graduate, works in the West Tamar Youth Outreach Service. This program is funded to provide therapeutic mental health support for young people aged 12-25, living in the West Tamar Region.
This role will be broad-based, integrating individual therapeutic counselling, group-work (psycho-educational and therapeutic), case management, community liaison and youth advocacy as deemed appropriate to the needs of individuals, groups and the community.
Services may be delivered by a combination of face-to-face, outreach and telehealth. The successful applicant will be joining an energetic and dedicated team and will have access to considerable clinical support.
The successful applicant for this role will have:
- Tertiary qualifications in social work, psychology, mental health nursing, occupational therapy.
- Current registration (or be eligible for) with AASW or current registration with AHPRA
- Demonstrated experience in mental health assessment, formulation and therapeutic interventions
- Experienced in a range of evidence-based psychological therapies
- Demonstrated experience and training in clinical risk assessments and implementing risk management plans
- A current Working With Children Check
- Post graduate qualifications and/or previous experience working in the youth mental health sector and/or primary healthcare environment.
Cornerstone Youth Services Inc. (CYS) delivers a broad range of services to our community of young people aged 12 to 25 in North and North-West Tasmania. They focus on health promotion, prevention, education, early intervention and developing help-seeking behaviours.
Their services to young people include access to ‘no charge’ GP's, Youth Health Nurses, Drug & Alcohol, Social Workers and Allied Health professionals. They also provide individual and group support and activities; school programs; advocacy to access many other services to improve general or specific health and well-being.
What's on offer?
Cornerstone Youth Services offers:
- Rewarding work and a supportive multi-disciplinary team
- Generous salary packaging opportunities
- Opportunity to purchase additional leave
- Commitment to work-life balance
To obtain a copy of the position description and selection criteria please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information please contact the Programs Manager, Keryn Geard on 6335 3100 during business hours.
Please apply by emailing cover letter, resume and addressed selection criteria to: email@example.com
Applications close 5pm Thursday 1st April, 2021.
Date advertised: Tuesday 16th March 2021