Literacy Instructor - Start Smart Tasmania (Launceston)
Start Smart Tasmania
Location: Northern Tasmania
Occupation: Occupational Therapy, Speech Pathology, Other
Position Type: Casual / Contract / Locum
Start Smart Tasmania are seeking a Literacy Instructor to provide individual tuition for students requiring extra support, including those with a diagnosis of dyslexia. This position is based in Launceston.
The successful candidate is required to deliver 1:1 phonetic, linguistics based, structured and multisensory intervention to target reading and spelling. It is systematic and cumulative, involving intensive reinforcement for optimum long-term results. The successful applicant will be required to complete a week-long training course prior to beginning the role, based on the Orton Gillingham approach. Course fees are covered by Start Smart Tasmania.
Minimum requirements for this position:
● Tertiary qualifications in Education, Speech Pathology or Occupational Therapy
● Relevant interest or experience working with children
● Availability to work 8.45am - 4.30pm
● Working with Vulnerable People registration
● Previous experience using evidence-based literacy practices preferred
Established in 2017 by Tania Innes and Clare Weare, Start Smart Tasmania is a multidisciplinary team offering a range of health and education services to children, families and schools in the Launceston area.
Their services include speech pathology, literacy and maths intervention for students with learning difficulties, special learning need support for schools and families, mentoring and a range of professional learning courses and workshops for parents, families and educators. These two teams, speech and literacy, work collaboratively to complement each other’s services and improve outcomes. Outside of having the right skills and qualifications, this team knows it is just as important to have the right person to maintain their impeccable standards and culture.
To find out more, please visit http://www.startsmarttasmania.... to learn more. Please also complete Employment Application Form (google.com)
What's on offer?
- Work with a team of passionate professionals.
- Flexible working conditions.
- A family-friendly culture.
- Above award pay and conditions.
- Opportunities for professional growth and development.
- Be part of a niche area of service, providing real life outcomes for children.
For more information, please contact Loren on 63 888 457 or email email@example.com.
To obtain a copy of the position description, please visit contact firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply, please visit https://www.startsmarttasmania.com.au/contact.php?
Date advertised: Thursday 2nd November 2023