Clinical Lead - Cornerstone Youth Services (Devonport)
Cornerstone Youth Services
Location: North West Tasmania
Occupation: Occupational Therapy, Psychology, Social Work
Position Type: Full Time
A clinical lead opportunity is available with a leading not for profit organisation, Cornerstone Youth Services located in the beautiful north west of Tasmania.
The incumbent will contribute to the development of evidence-based and innovative clinical services and will promote the delivery of mental health services that are of the highest quality. The Clinical Lead provides clinical support and guidance to mental health clinicians and ensures staff are provided with adequate supervision. The incumbent will lead activities such as multi-disciplinary clinical meetings, caseload supervision, clinical protocol and policy, and will actively manage referrals and demand for clinical services.
It is expected the Clinical Lead will carry a small caseload.
The Clinical Lead will form and maintain working relationships with key agencies in the community to establish integrated care pathways for young people.
To find out more about CYS visit http://www.cornerstoneyouthser...
Leadership and Management
- Monitor and lead the ongoing delivery and improvement of high standard, evidence-based care and appropriate clinical services for young people experiencing mental ill health.
- Provide clinical leadership, secondary consultation and mental health expertise to clinicians, private practitioners and co-located services in the delivery of specialist mental health care to young people, their families and caregivers.
- Assist in the development and review of clinical governance policies and processes.
- Demonstrate competency in the performance of high quality clinical and technical skills through involvement in direct service delivery.
- Build and maintain effective relationships with key stakeholders involved in the provision of physical health, mental health and psychosocial services to young people.
- Participate in relevant training and development activities as an effective team member.
- Other duties consistent with the position where required and/or requested by management from time to time.
QUALIFICATIONS and REGISTRATIONS
- Approved tertiary qualification in Social Work, Psychology, Mental Health Nursing or Occupational Therapy.
- Current full registration with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Authority (AHPRA) or eligibility for full membership with the Australian Association of Social Workers (AASW).
- Post graduate qualifications in an area related to youth mental health.
- Ability to provide supervision to practical placement students.
Cornerstone Youth Services Inc. (CYS) delivers a broad range of services to our community of young people aged 12 to 25 in North and North-West Tasmania. They focus on health promotion, prevention, education, early intervention and developing help-seeking behaviours. Their services to young people include access to ‘no charge’ GP's, Youth Health Nurses, Drug & Alcohol, Social and Youth Workers and Allied Health. They also provide individual and group support and activities; school programs; advocacy to access many other services to improve general or specific health and well-being.
What's on offer?
A generous salary will be negotiated based on experience and skills. The successful applicant will have access to excellent Salary Packaging benefits, professional development and training allowances, and flexible work arrangements.
In addition to working with a well renowned organisation and working with an amazing team of clinicians,. HR+ also has a $5000 relocation grant and you would also be eligible to apply for the Health Workforce Scholarship Program valued at up to $10,000 per year over 2 years.
NQUIRIES: For a confidential discussion and to obtain a copy of the Position Description, please contact:
Keryn Geard - Mob. 0499 880 039 or Email: email@example.com
- a Cover Letter,
- a copy of your Resume, and
- address the Selection Criteria
Applications close: 11.00pm Wednesday 3 March 2021
Date advertised: Thursday 5th November 2020