Youth Health Nurse - headspace (Devonport)
Location: North West Tasmania
Occupation: Nursing and Midwifery
Position Type: Part Time
Are you an experienced Youth Health Nurse? headspace in Devonport has an opportunity for you to join a dynamic team and work for a nationally renowned organisation that is making a real difference in the lives of young Tasmanians.
The purpose of the Youth Health Nurse is to provide clinical services to young people with mild to moderate mental health disorders. You will work closely with a multidisciplinary team including general practitioners (GPs), psychiatrists and allied health staff to facilitate the provision of coordinated clinical care and treatment.
As the Youth Health Nurse you will provide coordinated services to young people with a range of mental health disorders, including undertaking assessments and ongoing care in accordance with best practice and clinical guidelines for the treatment of that disorder. The Youth Health Nurse will also provide general health checks for young people and where required instigate a mental health treatment plan on behalf of a GP.
Some aspects of the role may require adherence to the Australian Government Mental Health Nurse Incentive Program (MHNIP) guidelines.
- Current nursing registration with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Authority (AHPRA).
- Current credentialing as a mental health nurse with the Australian College of Mental Health Nurses (ACMHN), or eligibility to become credentialed.
In order to be eligible for this role you must also have the following:
- Extensive experience in the provision of mental health care to young people, including completion of mental health assessments, crisis management, general health checks, psycho-education and treatment interventions that use current evidence-based approaches.
- Experience working with young people experiencing a range of mental health, substance use, and/or social problems.
- Proven track record at working effectively in a multidisciplinary team in a health setting.
- Experience in the planning, provision and evaluation of group-based interventions for young people and their family and friends.
- Experience in the Australian public health sector.
headspace services are delivered by Cornerstone Youth Services (CYS) Inc., providing a broad range of services to our community of young people aged 12 to 25 in North and North-West Tasmania. CYS focuses on health promotion, prevention, education, early intervention and developing help-seeking behaviours.
Their services to young people include access to ‘no charge’ GP's, Youth Health Nurses, Drug & Alcohol, Social and Allied Health. They also provide individual and group support and activities; school programs; advocacy to access and many other services to improve general or specific health and well-being.
What's on offer?
Not only will you be working with an exceptional team of clinicians but you will also have access to excellent salary packaging benefits, professional development and training allowances, and flexible work arrangements. A generous package will be negotiated with individual applicants based on experience.
Eligible applicants may also receive a relocation grant of $5000 through HR+.
You will also be eligible to apply to HR+ for a Health Workforce Scholarship Program grant, up to the value of $10,000.
For a confidential discussion about these positions or to obtain a copy of the position description, including the selection criteria, please contact:
Deirdre Brown, headspace Manager on 0491 200 980.
To apply for this position please send;
- a cover letter,
- an address to the selection criteria and
- a copy of your CV
Date advertised: Thursday 21st May 2020