Registered or Enrolled Nurse - Burnie GP Super Clinic (Burnie)
Burnie GP Super Clinic
Location: North West Tasmania
Are you a nurse looking for an exciting new opportunity? Join the team of dedicated healthcare professionals at Burnie GP Super Clinic. Burnie offers the perfect backdrop for the sea change you've been dreaming of! Work just a stone's throw away from the stunning nearby beaches!
Burnie GP Super Clinic is seeking a Practice Nurse with a positive, polite, can-do attitude and a strong desire to work as part of their dedicated team. Proficiency in time management, interpersonal communication, and organisational skills will be essential for success in this position. In this role, you will deliver a professional and high standard of healthcare to their valued patients. Key responsibilities include:
- Conduct patient assessments, including vital signs, medical history
- Administer vaccines, immunisations, and medications as prescribed
- Provide wound care, dressings, and suture removal
- Assist in managing chronic conditions through patient monitoring and education
- Participate in health promotion activities, screenings, and education initiatives
- Conduct clinical procedures, such as ECGs and point-of-care testing
- Collaborate effectively with the healthcare team to ensure coordinated patient care
- Handle administrative tasks, recalls and reminders and appointment scheduling
- Maintain adequate stock of medical supplies and equipment
- Contribute to quality improvement initiatives and adhere to practice accreditation requirements
Experience in general practice is a plus, but for the right candidate GP Burnie Super Clinic will provide the training you need. Full-time positions are available, and they’re open to negotiating flexible part-time work arrangements to ensure your work life wellbeing!
Burnie GP Super Clinic was established in March 2011. Their purpose is to provide integrated preventative health, primary care and chronic disease management in Burnie, an area that is underserved with respect to primary health care. The clinic boasts a multi-disciplinary team which includes general practitioners, nurses, diabetes educators, and a variety of other allied health professionals. The practice also has an on-site pharmacy and pathology collection facilities.
What's on offer?
- Embrace a fulfilling career that puts your well-being first, free from the demands of night shifts
- Work in a seaside city known for its beautiful beaches, clean air, and vibrant arts scene. Enjoy access to fresh produce and culinary adventures right at your doorstep
- An above award remuneration package and eligibility to apply for the HR+ Health Workforce Scholarship Program, providing opportunities for ongoing professional development and training
- Work alongside an experienced and supportive administration and nursing team
To apply or obtain a copy of the position description, please contact Jade Hassell, Primary Health Workforce Consultant, at email@example.com or call 0363328600.
In your application, please include your resume and a cover letter highlighting your relevant experience.
For further inquiries about the role, please get in touch with Kristy, Practice Manager, at 03 6433 9999.
Date advertised: Monday 13th November 2023