Registered Nurse - Tasmanian Health Service (Burnie)
Tasmanian Health Service
Location: North West Tasmania
Occupation: Nursing and Midwifery
Position Type: Full Time, Part Time
The Tasmanian Health Service is seeking interest from suitably qualified applicants for multiple Registered Nurse (502544) vacancies at Hellyer Community Health Nursing- Burnie.
Focus of Duties:
1. In collaboration with members of the healthcare team plan, implement and evaluate patient/client care.
2. Practice in accordance with the NMBA1 codes and guidelines for registered nurses/midwives.
3. Involve patients/clients and their families/significant others in the planning and implementation of care.
4. Maintain and promote a safe work environment.
5. Understand and adhere to relevant legislation, policies and procedures.
6. Maintain accurate and objective documentation.
7. As directed or required by the Nurse Unit Manager may take charge of a shift.
- Registered with the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia as a Registered Nurse
- Current Driver’s licence
- The Head of the State Service has determined that the person nominated for this job is to satisfy a pre-employment check before taking up the appointment, on promotion or transfer.
The following checks are to be conducted:
1. Conviction checks in the following areas:
a) crimes of violence
b) sex related offences
c) serious drug offences
d) crimes involving dishonesty
e) serious traffic offences
2. Identification check
3. Disciplinary action in previous employment check
The Tasmanian Health Service is an innovative and dynamic organisation dedicated to improving the health and well-being of our community. We are committed to providing the highest levels of healthcare and services.
Group and Unit: Tasmanian Health Service (THS) – North West
Reports To: Nurse Unit Manager
What's on offer?
The Department of Health and Tasmanian Health Service (THS) are committed to improving the health and wellbeing of patients, clients.
What we offer to staff-
- Flexible work/life balance
- Attractive Salary package
- Access to salary packaging and salary sacrifice options
- A collaborative and supportive team environment
- Commitment to ongoing professional development
Closing Date for this job is 9 Feb 2020
Apply here –
All applicants must address selection criteria along with a copy of a current CV and cover letter
For more information, contact -
Date advertised: Tuesday 28th January 2020
Phone: 03 64777350
Position: Nurse Unit Manager - Hellyer Community Nursing and Home Care Services