Registered Nurse - Southern Cross Care (Statewide)
Southern Cross Care Tasmania
Location: Tasmania - Statewide
Position Type: Permanent, Part Time, Casual / Contract / Locum
Southern Cross Care (Tas) Inc. currently have a number of opportunities for registered nurses at their residential aged care facilities in various locations throughout Tasmania. These are permanent part-time or casual positions, however there is potential for the roles to become full-time. This is an exceptional opportunity for registered nurses looking to develop their nursing skills and secure a role with the largest aged care provider in Tasmania. The roles are open to both graduate and experienced RNs.
The role of registered nurse is to provide a range of clinical care and support services in collaboration with the care recipients, their families, and other members of the health care team, assisting the care recipients to experience a greater level of independence and ensuring their health and wellness are supported. These include:
- Providing and monitoring the care of residents
- Using a systematic approach to clinical decision-making
- Developing appropriate therapeutic and caring relationships
- Collaborating with the health care team to achieve resident outcomes
- Participating in the development of a supportive environment with the team
The successful applicants will need to demonstrate sound clinical skills, be consumer-focused, have experience or a sound understanding of aged care accreditation processes, have a sound understanding of the current and future aged care funding model and be able to lead the team after hours as the registered nurse in charge from time to time.
What you’ll need:
- Relevant qualifications and current AHPRA registration
- Sound clinical skills with a consumer focus
- Knowledge of Aged Care Quality Standards (or the ability to acquire this)
- Understanding of the aged care funding model (highly regarded)
- Satisfactory national police check within the last six months
- Tasmanian Working with Vulnerable People registration with NDIS endorsement
- Sufficient vaccination evidence or medical practitioner approved exemption, as per the current vaccination policy requirements, such as annual influenza and covid-19 vaccinations
- If you are on a visa, a copy of your current IMMI Letter
Wholly Tasmanian and the largest not for profit aged care provider in the state, Southern Cross Care Tasmania are passionate about people and their quality of life. With a focus on providing high standards of nursing, health and aged care, hospitality and wellbeing initiatives, their range of home & community services, lifestyle villages, residential or respite care is tailored to meet the needs of the Tasmanian community.
What's on offer?
As a member of the Southern Cross Care team, you will enjoy:
- A friendly and supportive work environment
- A competitive salary
- The opportunity to salary package up to $18,550 per FBT year
- Access to free parking
- Career, training and development opportunities
- Discount private health insurance
You will receive the satisfaction of knowing that your efforts really do have an impact. The relationships you will develop with the people you care for will inspire your best work and you will have the opportunity to make a real difference to the lives of older people within the local community.
Applications close 5pm Wednesday 17 August 2022 and must be submitted via the HR+ website.
To download a copy of the Position Description and check out our benefits such as salary packaging, please visit our website via https://www.scctas.org.au/work-with-us/
To apply, please submit a copy of your resume and a cover letter addressing how your relevant experience meets the selection criteria and key responsibilities of the role.
Southern Cross Care (Tas) Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and to reflect the community we serve. We strongly encourage and welcome applications from suitably qualified people of diverse genders, sexuality and cultures including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples.
Date advertised: Thursday 4th August 2022