Registered Nurse, Emergency Department - Mersey Community Hospital (Latrobe)
Location: North West Tasmania
Occupation: Nursing and Midwifery
Position Type: Permanent
The Tasmanian Health Service is seeking motivated and experienced Registered Nurses for the Emergency Department at the Mersey Community Hospital, Tasmanian Health Service, Tasmania.
Multiple Permanent, Shift Worker (fully rotational) positions working Full time or Part time up to 76 hours per fortnight.
Focus of Duties:
- Reports to the Nurse Unit Manager
- Works in collaboration with members of the healthcare team plan, implement and evaluate patient/client care.
- Practice in accordance with the NMBA1 codes and guidelines for registered
Nurses / midwives.
- Involve patients/clients and their families/significant others in the planning and implementation of care.
- Maintain and promote a safe work environment.
- Understand and adhere to relevant legislation, policies and procedures.
- Maintain accurate and objective documentation.
- As directed or required by the Nurse Unit Manager may take charge of a shift.
- Registered with the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia as a Registered Nurse
- The Head of the State Service has determined that the person nominated for this job is to satisfy a pre-employment check before taking up the appointment, on promotion or transfer.
The following checks are to be conducted:
1. Conviction checks in the following areas:
a) crimes of violence
b) sex related offences
c) serious drug offences
d) crimes involving dishonesty
2. Identification check
3. Disciplinary action in previous employment check
Group and Unit: Tasmanian Health Service (THS) – North West
Reports To: Nurse Unit manager.
What's on offer?
The Department of Health and Tasmanian Health Service (THS) are committed to improving the health and wellbeing of patients, clients.
What we offer to staff-
- Flexible work/life balance
- Attractive Salary Package and other benefits like Salary Packaging
- Dynamic team environment
- Commitment to ongoing professional development
Closing Date for this job is 17 June 2019
Apply here - https://careers.pageuppeople.com/759/cw/en/job/1025710/registered-nurse-514514-emergency-department
All applicants must address selection criteria along with a copy of a current CV and cover letter
For more information, contact -
Date advertised: Thursday 16th May 2019
Phone: 03 6478 5132
Position: NUM - Emergency Department