Practice Nurse Manager - Huon Valley Health Centre (Huon Valley)
Huon Valley Health Centre
Location: Southern Tasmania
Occupation: Nursing and Midwifery
Position Type: Part Time
An exciting opportunity exists for a part time Nurse Manager to join a leading multidisciplinary team in the stunning Huon Valley.
Huon Valley Health Centre have an exciting opportunity for a part time (0.6 FTE) Nurse Manager to join their multidisciplinary team. The successful applicant will have a demonstrated commitment to providing best-practice, patient focused care to all patients.
This is a dynamic and challenging primary healthcare nursing leadership role. As part of your leadership role you will lead a team of 8 registered nurses; be part of the senior leadership team; work closely with the pandemic leader as the COVID-19 pandemic coordinator; promote workplace health and wellbeing as the health and wellbeing committee coordinator; and collaborate with external stakeholders as the Bruny Island clinical lead.
What you will bring:
- Highly developed oral and written communication skills, including development of training and education;
- Excellent people management skills;
- Experience in effectively managing health promotion and QI projects with a focus on best practice, evidence-based and person-centred models of care;
- Experience identifying, developing and implementing process changes using change management principles across a multi-site organisation;
- Ability to build rapport and work collaboratively in a multidisciplinary team environment and with community stakeholders;
- Commitment to building excellence in primary care nursing through advocacy, leadership and professional development;
- Proven clinical knowledge and reflective practice;
- Computer literacy skills.
- Registered Nurse qualification;
- Current AHPRA registration;
- Current driver’s licence; and
- Ability to meet a police check.
The Huon Valley Health Centre is a teaching medical practice that values learning and seeks to overcome health inequalities by offering accessible, affordable and highly evidence based medical care to their community.
The team consists of a number of general practitioners, nurses and allied health professionals working across their 3 locations in Huonville, Cygnet and their Mary Street Clinic.
What's on offer?
Living and working in the Huon Valley has so many benefits, the valley itself begins just 30 minutes from Hobart and is home to so many tourist attractions and a highly sought after lifestyle. A lot of the towns in the area have a view of the magnificent Huon River surrounded by orchards, farmland and the Tasmanian Wilderness World Heritage Area. The community is full of creative types, nature lovers and world class producers. You will have so much to explore right on your doorstep.
You will be supported by an amazing team of health professionals in one of the best locations in the world, but in addition to that you will have the chance to make a real difference in this community. Be part of a dynamic, innovative, multidisciplinary team that supports continuing professional development, recognises the importance of work-life balance and offers above award wages.
If successful you will also be eligible to apply for a Health Workforce Scholarship Program through HR+ Tasmania. This is for up to the value of $10,000 per year over 2 years to complete post graduate studies or other identified professional development.
Further information, including the position description can be found on the Huon Valley Health Centre website https://huonvalleyhealthcentre.com.au/news/nurse-manager-part-time-position/
All queries and applications should be directed to Dr Alexandra Seidel, Managing Director: email@example.com
Date advertised: Wednesday 16th September 2020