General Practice Enrolled Nurse- High Street Family Practice (Launceston)
High Street Family Practice
Location: Northern Tasmania
Occupation: Nursing and Midwifery
Position Type: Permanent, Part Time
High Street Family Practice has a fantastic opportunity for a Practice Nurse (enrolled nurse) to join their well-established and busy general practice. With an attractive salary on offer and opportunity to work in a friendly, team orientated practice this role is a great opportunity for the right person.
This position is for an enrolled nurse to work in a general practice setting for three days per week, but the potential for some increase in hours as the practice expands. General practice experience is preferred and knowledge of chronic disease management is highly desirable. AHPRA registration essential.
The aim of this position is to assist the GP’s in the practice to achieve a high standard of patient care by provision of nursing services in the following areas:
- Conducting accurate comprehensive assessments
- Asthma education, diabetes education assessment, full health checks, spirometry, ECG, glucometer testing, audiometry
- Involvement in chronic disease management activities such as preparing management plans, coordinating patient care and providing education and self-help strategies
- Carry out visa medicals in line with the BUPA/Department of Home Affairs guidelines (online training will be provided)
- AMSA/Pre Employment Medicals in line with Sonic Healthplus guidelines
- Conduct immunisations and wound care
- Pap smears (Preferred but not compulsory)
- Provide health care services in accordance with Medicare Benefits Schedule
- Assist with minor procedures while maintaining a clean tidy environment in treatment room/cleaning equipment and instruments and packing for sterilising
Administrative work required to achieve best possible patient health outcomes including:
- Management of abnormal test results
- Patient medical database management
- Vaccine fridge monitoring
- Stock control monitoring and ordering of medical supplies
- Emergency drug and vaccine management
- Doctors bag management
- Training will be given in Pracsoft and front desk procedures as you may have to assist at times as required.
High Street Family Practice is centrally located close to the CBD in High Street, Launceston and due to its commitment to improve the health of their patients and their great reputation it is a highly sought-after family practice.
The team has grown in recent years, with 4 GP’s, a small team of nurses and an experienced management and administrative support team. They also have visiting allied health practitioners and on-site pathology services for the convenience of their patients.
The practice has several consulting rooms as well as dedicated nurse consulting rooms and a separate procedure room. They also have free onsite parking for patient accessibility.
High Street Family Practice is a small flexible, friendly, team orientated practice and they aim to provide support to their GP’s and nursing staff while also providing the best care they can to their patients. It is a very spacious, well-equipped practice and fully computerised with the programs MD & Pracsoft.
What's on offer?
A generous salary package will be negotiated depending on experience for this permanent part time position. this position offers long term job security in a caring, fun and supportive environment.
To apply or for further information please contact the Practice Manager Marion Henley on 6334 5500 or send your application, including a brief cover letter and an up to date CV to email@example.com
Date advertised: Tuesday 24th August 2021