Nurse Unit Manager - Tasmanian Health Service (Burnie)
North West Regional Hospital
Location: North West Tasmania
Occupation: Nursing and Midwifery
Position Type: Full Time
The Tasmanian Health Service are seeking a motivated and experienced Nurse Unit Manager to work at Palliative Care Service, Tasmanian Health Service, Burnie, Tasmania.
This is a full time day worker role working 76 hours per fortnight.
Focus of Duties:
The Nurse Unit Manager:
- Provides leadership to the Palliative Care Service, Primary Health North West.
- Ensures the efficient and effective provision of care, based on clinical standards and best practice principles within a collaborative and multidisciplinary framework by coordinating the clinical, management, education and nursing research functions within the Palliative Care Service.
- Leads and manages the coordination of overall patient/client care and is responsible for managing the allocated human, material and financial resources for service delivery within the Palliative Care Service.
- Registered with the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia as a Registered Nurse
- The Head of the State Service has determined that the person nominated for this job is to satisfy a pre-employment check before taking up the appointment, on promotion or transfer.
The following checks are to be conducted:
1. Conviction checks in the following areas:
a) crimes of violence
b) sex related offences
c) serious drug offences
d) crimes involving dishonesty
2. Identification check
3. Disciplinary action in previous employment check
Group and Unit: Tasmanian Health Service (THS) – Primary Health North West
Reports To: Co-Director of Nursing - Chronic, Complex and Community Services
It is a multidisciplinary team lead by a Director of Nursing and Nurse Unit manager.
What's on offer?
The Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) and Tasmanian Health Service (THS) are committed to improving the health and wellbeing of patients, clients.
What we offer to staff-
- Flexible work/life balance
- Attractive Salary Package including remote allowances and other benefits
- Dynamic team environment
- Commitment to ongoing professional development
Apply here - https://careers.pageuppeople.com/759/cw/en/job/1026385/nurse-unit-manager-num-palliative-care-service-502891
All applicants must address selection criteria along with a copy of a current CV and cover letter
For more information, contact -
Phone: 6477 7800
Position: Co-Director of Nursing
Date advertised: Wednesday 3rd April 2019