Community Nurse - Tasmanian Health Service (North West)
Tasmanian Health Service
Location: North West Tasmania
Occupation: Nursing and Midwifery
Position Type: Full Time
We are seeking dynamic, innovative and motivated experienced Registered Nurses to work at Hellyer CHN, Burnie and Mersey-Leven CHN, Devonport.
Multiple Fixed-Term, Full Time and Part Time shift-worker positions working up to 76 hours per fortnight until June 2021.
Positions are available at Hellyer Community Health Nursing (CHN), Burnie Community Health Centre and Mersey-Leven CHN, Devonport Community Health Centre.
Focus of Duties:
1. In collaboration with members of the healthcare team plan, implement and evaluate patient/client care.
2. Practice in accordance with the NMBA1 codes and guidelines for registered nurses/midwives.
3. Involve patients/clients and their families/significant others in the planning and implementation of care.
4. Maintain and promote a safe work environment.
5. Understand and adhere to relevant legislation, policies and procedures.
6. Maintain accurate and objective documentation.
7. As directed or required by the Nurse Unit Manager may take charge of a shift.
- Registered with the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia as a Registered Nurse
- The Head of the State Service has determined that the person nominated for this job is to satisfy a pre-employment check before taking up the appointment, on promotion or transfer.
The following checks are to be conducted:
1. Conviction checks in the following areas:
a) crimes of violence
b) sex related offences
c) serious drug offences
d) crimes involving dishonesty
2. Identification check
3. Disciplinary action in previous employment check
Group and Unit: Tasmanian Health Service (THS) – North West
Reports To: Team Leader, Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services
What's on offer?
The Department of Health and Tasmanian Health Service (THS) are committed to improving the health and wellbeing of patients, clients.
What we offer to staff-
- Flexible work/life balance
- Attractive Salary package
- Access to salary packaging and salary sacrifice options
- A collaborative and supportive team environment
- Commitment to ongoing professional development
Closing Date for this job is 8 Sept 2019
Apply here –
All applicants must address selection criteria along with a copy of a current CV and cover letter
Date advertised: Wednesday 14th August 2019