Clinical Nurse Specialist - Tasmanian Health Service, Mental Health (North West)
Tasmanian Health Service
Location: North West Tasmania
Occupation: Nursing and Midwifery
Position Type: Part Time
The Tasmanian Health Service is seeking a motivated and experienced Clinical Nurse Specialist to work at Mental Health North West under Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services, Burnie. This is a permanent shift worker position working 60.8 hours per fortnight.
Focus of Duties:
Reporting to the Team Leader, you will contribute to the health outcomes of your patients through excellence in practice, fostering a learning culture, excellent communication skills and working effectively within a multidisciplinary team. You will undertake the delivery of specialist services to clients of CAMHS, based on best practice principles and within a collaborative and multi-disciplinary framework, and promotes community awareness in relation to mental health
- Registered with the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia as a Registered Nurse
- Current Tasmanian Working with Children Registration
- The Head of the State Service has determined that the person nominated for this job is to satisfy a pre-employment check before taking up the appointment, on promotion or transfer.
The following checks are to be conducted:
1. Conviction checks in the following areas:
a) crimes of violence
b) sex related offences
c) serious drug offences
d) crimes involving dishonesty
2. Identification check
3. Disciplinary action in previous employment check
Current Driver’s Licence.
Holds or is working towards tertiary qualifications in Child and Adolescent Mental Health Care.
Group and Unit: Tasmanian Health Service (THS) – North West
Reports To: Team Leader, Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services
What's on offer?
The Department of Health and Tasmanian Health Service (THS) are committed to improving the health and wellbeing of patients, clients.
What we offer to staff-
- Flexible work/life balance
- Attractive Salary package
- Access to salary packaging and salary sacrifice options
- A collaborative and supportive team environment
- Commitment to ongoing professional development
Closing Date for this job is 3 Sept 2019
Phone: 03 64777760
Position: Nurse Unit Manager Specialist Palliative Care Team
Apply here –
Date advertised: Tuesday 28th May 2019