Clinical Nurse Specialist - Tasmanian Health Service, Community Rapid Response Service (North West)
Tasmanian Health Service
Location: North West Tasmania
Occupation: Nursing and Midwifery
Position Type: Full Time
The Tasmanian Health Service is seeking dynamic, innovative and motivated experienced Registered Nurses to undertake the role of Clinical Nurse Specialist in North West Tasmania at Hellyer CHN, Burnie and Mersey-Leven CHN, Devonport.
Multiple Fixed-Term, Full Time and Part Time shift-worker positions working up to 76 hours per fortnight until June 2021. Shifts will be predominantly weekday evenings and shift-work weekends.
Positions are available at Hellyer Community Health Nursing (CHN), Burnie Community Health Centre and Mersey-Leven CHN, Devonport Community Health Centre.
Focus of Duties:
The Clinical Nurse Specialist - Community Rapid Response Service (CNS):
• Is responsible for clinical leadership in the development, provision and evaluation of the
Community Rapid Response Service (ComRRS) in the North West (NW) Community
Health Nursing Service that ensures optimal patient/client/family and community outcomes,
under the supervision of the Nurse Unit Manager, Nurse Practitioner and CNC.
• Provides nursing expertise, case coordination, nursing management and education in the
field of chronic/complex care to the ComRRS team, community nurses and to people in
their homes, referred to ComRRS.
• Provides expertise and support in the management and care of people with illness, injury or
exacerbation of a chronic health condition, within the community.
• In the absence of the Nurse Practitioner and CNC, is responsible for clinical leadership,
decision making and care planning, within their scope of practice and experience, and in
partnership with the person’s General Practitioner (GP).
- Registered with the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia as a Registered Nurse
- The Head of the State Service has determined that the person nominated for this job is to satisfy a pre-employment check before taking up the appointment, on promotion or transfer.
The following checks are to be conducted:
1. Conviction checks in the following areas:
a) crimes of violence
b) sex related offences
c) serious drug offences
d) crimes involving dishonesty
2. Identification check
3. Disciplinary action in previous employment check
Post Graduate qualification in Community Nursing or working towards a relevant postgraduate qualification.
Group and Unit: Tasmanian Health Service (THS) – North West
Reports To: Team Leader, Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services
What's on offer?
The Department of Health and Tasmanian Health Service (THS) are committed to improving the health and wellbeing of patients, clients.
What we offer to staff-
- Flexible work/life balance
- Attractive Salary package
- Access to salary packaging and salary sacrifice options
- A collaborative and supportive team environment
- Commitment to ongoing professional development
Closing Date for this job is 8 Sept 2019
Apply here –
All applicants must address selection criteria along with a copy of a current CV and cover letter
For more information, contact -
Phone: 0436 847 458
Position: Nurse Practitioner - Community Rapid Response
Date advertised: Wednesday 14th August 2019