GP or GP/VMO - East Coast Health, Triabunna
East Coast Health
Location: East Coast Tasmania
Occupation: General Practitioner
Title Description: GP
Position Type: Full Time, Permanent, Part Time
Moratorium Period: 7 years
This scenic port town is looking for an additional full-time or part-time GP. Gateway to Maria Island and offering world-class temperate diving including coral reefs (who knew?), you will have plenty to amuse yourself in your spare time. If you hanker for a city fix, though, you are only just over an hour from Hobart.
East Coast Health at Triabunna is operated by Glamorgan Spring Bay Council, which also operates a practice at Bicheno, to the north. The practice is looking for an additional GP for 3-5 days per week to boost capacity, with the potential to take over the practice in the long run if desired. Vocational recognition is preferred but not essential.
The practice hours are 9.00 am to 5.00 pm Monday to Friday with the doors closed from 1.00 pm – 2.00 pm and appointments are 15 minutes long. There are no weekend clinics or nursing home visits, and the minimal weeknight on-call is triaged by After Hours Doctors.
Note: The two Council practices work in very successfully with the practice at Swansea (which sits in the middle) to cover the VMO roster at May Shaw Health Centre in Swansea, which operates a range of services, including A&E, aged care and community health facilities. The hospital has 2 acute care beds, 2 high care beds and 50 aged care beds. If you would like to boost your earnings and have recent emergency qualifications and experience, there is the option to participate in the VMO roster, including the weekend clinics at Swansea when on call.
Located a little over an hour from Hobart on Tasmania’s east coast, Triabunna has a population of around 800. Rich in local history and with a definite seafaring feel, it is the gateway to Maria Island and a prime location for fishing and diving.
Whilst Glamorgan Spring Bay Council is responsible for the employment and management of the nursing and reception staff at East Coast Health, the new doctor will be engaged as an independent contractor.
You will work alongside another doctor who currently works full-time, plus the practice hosts University of Tasmania medical students. The practice is supported by a registered nurse three days per week along with a practice manager, receptionist and visiting allied health professionals. The ambulance is located in Triabunna and is staffed by a paramedic, who is supported by local volunteers.
There are two consulting rooms and a well-equipped procedure room. Operating a mixed billing model, the practice is fully computerised using Best Practice and maintains QPA accreditation.
What's on offer?
- Excellent earnings potential and other benefits, including:
- 75% of billings for a VR doctor, 70% for non-VR
- Workforce Incentive Payments ($12,000 after 2 years increasing to $23,000 per annum after 5 years ongoing)
- On-call allowance and Rural Procedural Grants Program (if participating in the VMO roster)
- Rural Medical Practitioner payments (if participating in the VMO roster)
- $10,000 incentive grant from HR+
- Eligible location for the HR+ Health Workforce Scholarship Program, which offers generous funding for health professionals looking to extend the skills and services they can offer their community
- Reduction in your moratorium (including eligible location for Five Year Scheme)
- Eligible location for RACGP PEP, RVTS and ACRRM IP
- HR+, in conjunction with the practice, will organise a comprehensive orientation program on arrival, tailored to your needs
Please contact Fran Robinson at HR+ for more information email@example.com or apply now.
Date advertised: Monday 17th August 2020