GP - Ochre Urgent Care Clinic Hobart
Ochre Urgent Care Clinic Hobart
Location: Southern Tasmania
Occupation: General Practitioner
Title Description: GP
Position Type: Full Time, Permanent, Part Time, Casual / Contract / Locum
Moratorium Period: 9 years
Are you an Urgent Care GP or a GP with strong emergency medicine experience? Read on to learn more about this unique opportunity to be part of Ochre Health’s new Urgent Care service located in Tasmania, in Hobart’s CBD. A competitive fixed hourly rate of $200-$300 is on offer, with full-time, part-time and casual options.
We are seeking expressions of interest for a passionate and experienced Urgent Care GPs to be supported by Ochre Health and practice in a new Urgent Care Clinic opening in Hobart in October 2023. Make a meaningful impact on the health and wellbeing of the local community by caring for higher acuity and more urgent cases than standard GP practice, and contribute to bridging the gap between general practice and hospital Emergency Departments.
Flexible shifts are on offer with options for full-time, part-time and casual work arrangements.
Key requirements for the position will be:
- Strong background in general practice
- Experience in urgent care or emergency medicine
- A passion for providing high-quality, patient-centred care
- Current registration with AHPRA as a Specialist GP
- FRACGP or FACRRM
- Current ALS2 (or equivalent)
The Urgent Care Clinic will be equipped to treat presentations and provide procedures including:
- Minor injuries including: closed fractures, simple lacerations, simple eye injuries and minor burns.
- Minor illnesses including: respiratory illness, gastrointestinal illness, urinary tract infections and sexually transmitted infections.
- Procedures including: wound management (gluing/suturing/dressings)
- Incision and drainage of abscesses
- Basic fracture management including application of backslabs and plasters
- IV insertion to allow for IV antibiotics and rehydration fluids
- Urinary catheter management and changes for males and females
- Remove of foreign bodies from the ear and nose
Ochre Health is one of Australia’s leaders in urban and rural practice management with a track record stretching back over 20 years.
The Urgent Care facility will be located in Ochre’s Health Hub on Liverpool Street in the Hobart CBD, and will be separate from the Ochre Medical Centre which operates in the same facility. The Urgent Care Clinic is intended to provide short-term, episodic care for urgent conditions that are not immediately life-threatening. Purpose-designed for Urgent Care, the facility will offer the following features:
- Dedicated Nursing and Administration support
- Private urgent care triage room
- Three dedicated treatment beds
- Private GP consultation room
- Designed for ambulance and low-mobility access
- After-hours security and duress alarm systems
- Designated resus area with defibrillator, airway management equipment, ECG machine, IV fluid resuscitation equipment, emergency medications and mobile bed
- On-site covered parking
- Shared facilities including meeting rooms and tea rooms
What's on offer?
Hobart is a vibrant and beautiful city nestled on the banks of the Derwent River, surrounded by stunning natural scenery and featuring a rich cultural heritage. With its bustling waterfront, charming historic buildings, a thriving arts scene and easy access to some of the world’s most breathtaking wilderness areas, Hobart offers a unique and rewarding lifestyle for those who value work-life balance and the great outdoors, not to mention delicious fresh produce and some of the best restaurants, bars and coffee shops in Australia!
In addition to its prime location, as an Urgent Care GP in our new Hobart UCC you will enjoy a range of benefits including:
- Competitive fixed hourly rate between $200-$300
- Flexible working hours and shift scheduling options
- Purpose built Urgent Care Clinic separate to the Medical Centre
- Opportunities for professional development and career advancement
- Access to state-of-the-art medical facilities and equipment
- Supportive and engaged community of colleagues and peers
To express interest or for more information please email Cassie Scolyer at HR+ email@example.com, or phone for a discussion on (03) 6332 8600.
HR+ will retain your information for a period of 24 months following your most recent communication.
Date advertised: Monday 24th July 2023