GP - Ochre Medical Centre St Helens
Ochre Medical Centre St Helens
Location: East Coast Tasmania
Occupation: General Practitioner
Title Description: GP
Position Type: Permanent
Moratorium Period: 5 Years
St Helens is a coastal town in Tasmania’s northeast region, famous for its fresh local seafood, aquatic activities and beautiful oceanic scenery. Originally a whaling base in the early 1800s and later a shipping port, the town today is the states’ second largest fishing port and a Tasmanian tourism hotspot. St Helens mild temperate climate makes it a popular destination, only a short drive to the infamous Bay of Fires, and 2 hours to the closest major city, Launceston with daily flights direct to Melbourne and Sydney.
Starting with a practice in NSW in 2002, Ochre Health now has more than 31 Medical Centres across 6 states and territories. St Helens is eligible for rural relocation and retention grants and is a recognised District of Workforce Shortage (DWS), practitioners are eligible for ROMPs payments. The location is also eligible for RLRP, RVTS and ACRRM Independent Pathway GP training programs.
- General Registration or Vocational Recognition with AHPRA
- Proficient with common general practice conditions
- Current emergency medicine certificate (APLS, ELS etc)
- Recent experience in an unsupervised role if assisting with the VMO roster
- Previous experience as a Rural General Practitioner is highly desirable
St Helens practice offers comprehensive GP services alongside a range of allied health providers.
Doctors working in the clinic support the St Helens District Hospital, on call 24/7 in a rostered capacity. The hospital has 10 acute/ palliative care beds and a 4 bay outpatient and emergency service.
What's on offer?
Date advertised: Wednesday 30th January 2019
- Excellent earning capacity
- Location eligible for relocation grants, RLRP, RVTS and ACRRM independent pathway
- Significant reduction in moratorium