Rural Generalist GP/VMO - Ochre Medical Centre St Helens
Ochre Medical Centre St Helens
Location: East Coast Tasmania
Occupation: General Practitioner
Title Description: GP
Position Type: Full Time, Permanent
Moratorium Period: 5 Years
Live in a Lonely Planet Top 10 destination! Located on the East Coast of Tasmania, St Helens, one of Tasmania’s premier tourist destinations, awaits you.
Ochre Medical Centre St Helens is looking for an experienced and qualified GP VMO to provide GP services to the larger St Helens region.
The practice also provides on-call VMO support to the local St Helens District Hospital, with the roster currently at 1:4.
As the only practice in St Helens, there are excellent billing prospects.
- General Registration or above with AHPRA
- Proficient with common general practice conditions
- Current emergency medicine certificate (APLS, ELS, etc)
- Recent GP/VMO experience
Located on the East Coast of Tasmania, St Helens is one of Tasmania’s premier tourist destinations. The largest town on the East Coast, St Helens is also the state’s second largest fishing port, with the ocean providing a focal point for leisure activities in the region. Dotted up and down the coast are excellent spots for sailing, surfing, swimming, whale-watching, or just enjoying the laid-back coastal ambience. The town is also close to the famous Bay of Fires, a renowned holiday destination which was listed as one of the top 10 destinations in the world by Lonely Planet.
The town itself is a hub for the greater region, ensuring a comprehensive coverage of services including several great school options, and a wide range of shops, eateries and entertainment venues.
Ochre Medical Centre St Helens offers comprehensive GP services alongside a range of allied health providers. The newly built, centrally located medical centre offers 6 spacious consult rooms, a well-equipped treatment room, 2 allied health rooms, ample on-site parking and an excellent support team including CDM trained nurses.
Doctors working in the clinic support the St Helens District Hospital, on call 24/7 in a rostered capacity currently at 1:4. The hospital has 10 acute/palliative care beds and a 4 bay outpatient and emergency service.
What's on offer?
- Flexible work arrangements with optional remote telehealth component
- Comprehensive clinical protocols and internal supply network for all necessary PPE and other equipment
- Exceptional earning potential of around $400,000 - $450,000 per annum package
- Relocation, procedural and CPD grants
- Eligible for WIP (formerly GPRIP) payments - reaching up to $23,000 pa in your fifth year
- Teaching payments
- DPA location - MMM5 and Five Year Scheme location - reduce your moratorium
- Eligible location for MDRAP, RVTS, ACRRM IP
- For ACRRM IP candidates, Ochre will cover the balance of the Mandatory Fees after the $15,000 Commonwealth Support
- Comprehensive orientation program on arrival
Please contact Fran Robinson at HR+ for more information firstname.lastname@example.org or apply now.
HR+ will retain your information for a period of 24 months following your most recent communication.
Date advertised: Monday 26th July 2021