GP - Central Highlands General Practice
Central Highlands General Practice
Location: Southern Tasmania
Occupation: General Practitioner
Title Description: GP
Position Type: Full Time, Permanent, Part Time
Moratorium Period: 7 years
Seeking a GP Owner/Operator for Central Highlands General Practice in Ouse. Located in Tasmania’s Central Highlands region, Ouse is surrounded by a picturesque agricultural landscape and is in close vicinity to a variety of fishing, hiking, bushwalking, and golfing experiences whilst still only being one hour from Hobart. The current owners are seeking to transition ownership of this well-established, high-quality practice.
This is a rare opportunity to acquire a well-established general practice in Tasmania’s Central Highlands.
The practice is currently open weekdays between 8.30am and 5pm, with early knockoff Fridays often on the cards. On call is provided through GP Assist; urgent afterhours cases are referred by GP Assist to the ambulance service. With appointments booked seven to ten days ahead there is room for growth if desired. The new owner will have independence to shape the practice, with support available from HR+.
- Registered with the Medical Board of Australia.
- Vocational Registration.
- Ability to work independently in a rural setting.
- Recent emergency/rural experience or qualification.
- The desire to be a key player in ensuring the local community has continued access to essential primary health care services.
- An appetite to work in and manage the practice, or to employ staff with management ability.
Central Highlands General Practice is a small cohesive team providing services to an active patient population of approximately 1200 people. Patients are exceptionally appreciative of the services provided by the practice.
Services provided are across the breadth of rural general practice including minor skin surgery and chronic disease management. This is a great opportunity to utilise complex care skills practicing rural family medicine and occupational medicine from the local fish farm, hydro, surrounding farms and other seasonal agricultural employers. The practice is well-equipped with 3 consultation rooms, 1 treatment room, 2 waiting areas, a reception/office area, small kitchen and bathroom facilities. Software used is Best Practice. Internet connection is NBN.
This is a mixed billing practice with AGPAL Accreditation and a pharmacy licence for dispensing prescription medication.
Medical student placements are hosted in the practice, providing opportunities for teaching.
The premises is leased from the Tasmanian Health Service. Practical support is provided by Central Highlands Council in the form of a fully furnished 3-bedroom house and a vehicle. The current management coordinates operations with input from Council to help best serve community needs.
What's on offer?
A full-time GP position that comes with ownership and management of the practice, available from 1st November 2021. Interested parties are the current owners, Tasmanian Health Service, and Central Highlands Council, and negotiations will need to include all these parties.
- HR+ is offering a $10,000 incentive grant.
- Eligible location for Workforce Incentive Payments – Doctor Stream.
- Reduction in your moratorium.
- Eligible location for 5 Year Scheme, RVTS, ACRRM IP and RACGP PEP.
- HR+ Scholarships available to support upskilling.
- The premises is leased from Tasmanian Health Service (THS).
- THS is eager to discuss how they can best support the practice.
- A 3-bedroom, fully maintained house with minimal costs (power) is provided by Council and is currently utilised by visiting Locum GPs.
- Vehicle provided by Council.
- HR+, in conjunction with the practice, will organise a comprehensive orientation program on arrival, tailored to your needs.
Please contact Cassie Scolyer at HR+ for more information firstname.lastname@example.org
Date advertised: Thursday 26th August 2021