GP - Bothwell Doctors
Bothwell Medical Centre
Location: Southern Tasmania
Occupation: General Practitioner
Title Description: GP
Position Type: Full Time
Moratorium Period: 7 years
Privately owned clinic in small historic town with accommodation available. Bothwell is the gateway to the Great Lakes, fishing and bushwalking opportunities abound, yet it is only 60 minutes from Hobart and 90 minutes from Launceston.
This position would suit a GP with the experience to work in a solo setting, and offers the chance to make the role your own. The clinic is currently open 3 full days a week but there is scope for additional days in nearby clinics to bring this up to 5 days if desired. There is no requirement for after-hours cover unless wanted, as the clinic uses GP Assist. However, if interested, there may also be the option for VMO work with involvement in the rota of rural generalist cover at the Midlands Multi-purpose Health Centre in Oatlands (local emergency and 22 bed hospital).
Bothwell is on the edge of the stunning Tasmanian Wilderness World Heritage Site for bushwalking and stunning scenery. There are world class brown trout fishing, an exceptional golf course, local distilleries (gin and whisky), a heated outdoor pool in the town and local school (kindergarten to year 12). Also, easy access to deer hunting, if that’s your thing.
There is a high burden of chronic disease and inequality of health outcomes, combined with appreciative patients, which offers the opportunity for very rewarding practice, and the chance to see significant positive change.
Skills and Experience required:
- Registered, or eligible for registration, with the Medical Board of Australia
- Previous GP experience
- VR GP or GP working towards VR having received a “substantially comparable” assessment from the RACGP. The practice is unable to provide level 1 or 2 supervision for AHPRA requirements.
The practice is a small friendly local clinic with one-to-one support from an experienced receptionist and practice nurse (currently undertaking her advanced nurse practitioner training). There are visiting podiatry, physiotherapy and mental health services. The practice is run by a local GP who also runs a sister practice in Brighton, 40 minutes away, providing emotional and practical support, with the back-up of a bigger team, including the ability to cross cover for leave. The local council are very supportive and invested in the continued provision of local GP services.
The building has recently been refurbished and is fully equipped. The practice records are complete and have been computerised for many years. Under the current leadership they have recently passed their first accreditation with AGPAL and are committed to continuing accredited status.
What's on offer?
- Generous percentage of billings with a minimum daily income guarantee (and guaranteed minimum earnings of $100,000 per annum based on working full-time)
- 3 bedroom furnished house at minimal cost (power bills only)
- Workforce Incentive Payments ($12,000 after 2 years increasing to $23,000 per annum after 5 years ongoing)
- $10,000 incentive grant from HR+
- Eligible location for the HR+ Health Workforce Scholarship Program, which offers generous funding for health professionals looking to extend the skills and services they can offer their community
- Reduction in your moratorium
- Eligible location for RACGP PEP, RVTS and ACRRM IP
- HR+, in conjunction with the practice, will organise a comprehensive orientation program on arrival, tailored to your needs
Please contact Fran Robinson at HR+ for more information firstname.lastname@example.org or apply now with a copy of your current CV.
Date advertised: Wednesday 17th February 2021