Exercise Physiologist - Coastal Physiotherapy (Burnie)
Location: North West Tasmania
Occupation: Exercise Physiology
Position Type: Full Time, Permanent, Part Time
Coastal Physiotherapy has a full time permanent exercise physiology role available for immediate start or for 2021. You will join a multidisciplinary team of 5 physiotherapists and 2 exercise physiologists that provide rehabilitation services to the North West Coast of Tasmania. They are looking for an enthusiastic exercise physiologist who is a team player and looking for a very supportive learning environment to take the next step. Come and realise your full potential in private practice, from a new graduate to a more experienced practitioner, you won’t look back.
The role is a full time exercise physiologist (part time available if required) working in a busy multidisciplinary practice weekdays only (9am-5pm). No weekend work is expected. You will need to be dynamic and enthusiastic to learn and teach other therapists your skills and offerings. This position will suit either a new graduate or an experienced practitioner who is eager to really value add to the local community and other staff.
The purpose of this position is to provide a full range of exercise physiology services to clients of the practice. This includes examination and treatment to rehabilitate and improve people with movement disorders and chronic diseases through evidence based or best practice methods. The quality of the overall client experience relies heavily on this position due to its service focus and outcomes delivered.
Requirements of the position:
- Strong commitment to high profession standards.
- Demonstrated empathy for the needs of patients.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent time management and prioritisation skills.
- The ability to adapt to changing environments.
- A strong customer service focus.
- The ability to examine and treat patients effectively.
- The ability to function independently and within a team.
- Ability to use computer based applications.
- Some experience in health care systems, liaising with patients, referrers and compensable bodies and other health/medical professionals.
The Coastal Physiotherapy team has been servicing the North West Tasmanian communities for over 20 years and consists of 5 Physiotherapists and 2 exercise Physiologists across 2 clinics in Burnie and Somerset, Tasmania. Their innovative practice offers:
- Very large modern gym with Pilates reformers and space for group and class activities.
- Individual fully equipped treatment rooms with electronic notes and fully airconditioned.
- Relaxed modern environment
- Variety of patient mix including sports, orthopaedic, occupational health, Pilates, women’s health, and exercise therapy.
- Fortnightly in-services
- Senior physiotherapists and exercise physiologists to increase your professional knowledge
- Competent administrative staff to assist in service delivery
- Great working conditions and hours
- They live by their values of Workplace Wellness, Community, Service Delivery, and Growth.
As an added bonus the practice happens to be in the north-west which is the gateway to some of Tasmania's most beautiful natural places. You will find classic coastal drives, food trails, stunning national parks and beautiful nature reserves.
What's on offer?
The package includes:
- Generous base wage plus incentives (ability to earn a high income)
- Fortnight Professional Development
- Generous Professional Education Allowance
- Professional Indemnity Paid
- ESSA membership paid
- Great social interaction between staff
Don’t wait, kick start your Exercise Physiology career and enjoy the great lifestyle benefits for the outdoor enthusiast in Tasmania. Check out their webpage www.coastphysio.com.au
and see for yourself. Check out their Facebook page Coastal Physiotherapy Burnie and Somerset for all their recent news and activities.
The successful applicant will also be eligible to apply for the Health Workforce Scholarship Program through HR+ and is valued at up to $10,000 per year over a 2 year period.
Please email your CV and cover letter to Simon West firstname.lastname@example.org. You can contact Simon on 03 64314586 for further information.
Date advertised: Tuesday 20th October 2020