Home Care Package Coordinator (RN, EN or allied Health Professional) - Care Forward (Devonport)
Location: North West Tasmania
Occupation: Dietetics, Exercise Physiology, Nursing and Midwifery, Occupational Therapy, Physiotherapy, Social Work
Position Type: Permanent
Care Forward is seeking a Home Care Package Coordinator (RN, EN or allied health professional) to join their team in Devonport to support ongoing expansion and due to continued growth beyond all expectations.
You are an enthusiastic and dedicated Health Professional with a real passion for improving lives. With the ability to work autonomously you will thrive in this multidisciplinary environment. You are adaptable, enjoy meeting new people and working in a variety of settings.
Job tasks and responsibilities
Intake of Home Care Package clients and the subsequent coordination and management of client packages in a consumer directed environment, including but not limited to the following:
- Identification of consumer's needs and goals.
- Development of client directed goal based support plans incorporating a reablement and wellness approach
- Service contracting and brokerage of services as appropriate
- Facilitating the introduction of allied health professionals and support and/or care workers to the consumers
- In partnership with the consumer monitor and manage the consumers home care package budget
- Coordinating and facilitation of a multidisciplinary team approach.
- Liaising with referral agencies, service providers, consumers, family/advocates to ensure best possible outcomes for consumers.
- In partnership with the consumer monitoring and reviewing their progress against agreed goals and outcomes
Skills and experience:
- A qualification relevant to your area of practice
- Full registration with AHPRA< DAA or ESSA
- Current motor vehicle driver's licence.
- Two (2) professional referee checks (2) – worked with candidate recently.
- National Police Certificate obtained within the last three (3) month
- Significant demonstrated experience in service delivery, preferably in the community setting, assessment, care coordination.
- Demonstrated high-level commitment to upholding the quality service and professional standards.
- Ability to work autonomously within a best practice environment.
- Demonstrated high-level understanding of assessment, care coordination and service delivery functions.
- Demonstrated knowledge and application of reablement service provision using a restorative and wellness approach.
- High-level verbal, written and interpersonal communication/relational skills.
- Ability to contribute to a strong, positive and supportive ethos within the team.
- Proven ability to identify, consult, innovate and establish effective and efficient clinical practices.
- An understanding of risk management principles, work place health and safety and continuous quality improvement processes.
For 20 years Care Forward have been providing care and support to people in their homes across Tasmania. Our dedicated and passionate team includes registered nurses, carers and allied health professionals – all working to restore independence, health and wellbeing to thousands of Tasmanians in all corners of the state.
What's on offer?
Care Forward support innovation, collaboration and creative thinking. They believe “our people are our biggest asset and we believe that working together, we're stronger.”
In return for your hard work they offer a range of great benefits. Care Forward take the health and well-being of our employees seriously and encourage well-being at all levels.
- Join a fun and energetic work environment with a great client base
- Well supported professional development access
- Comprehensive induction and ongoing support
- Flexible work arrangements supporting work/life balance
- Access to Business Class travel insurance
- Supported evidence based practice
- Salary range will dependent on years of experience
- A dynamic team environment
To apply please send a cover letter and CV to email@example.com
Date advertised: Wednesday 10th April 2019