Senior Dentist - Royal Flying Doctor Service (Statewide)
Royal Flying Doctor Service
Location: Tasmania - Statewide
Occupation: Dental, Other
Position Type: Full Time
The Royal Flying Doctor Service is seeking an experienced dentist to join their community based mobile dental team visiting rural and remote communities. This role offers rewarding and complex dental work as well as attractive remuneration, flexible hours and a living away allowance when travelling.
An opportunity has arisen for an experienced, qualified, and registered dentist, with a minimum of 5 years of experience to join the Royal Flying Doctor Service (RFDS) Tasmania community-based mobile dental team. This mobile service is a vital link to bringing high-quality oral health care to their diverse, rural, and remote population groups across the North-West, North, and East Coast of Tasmania.
To meet patient needs this role will involve weekly travel to rural communities. As such, they are seeking an experienced dentist who is flexible and:
- Can provide clinical leadership to ensure the RFDS Dental Program meets best practice at all times.
- Believes in a community-based approach to dental care;
- Will provide high-quality dentistry in accordance with best practice clinical standards and policies;
- Perform complex, novel, or critical discipline-specific clinical work with a high level of professional knowledge and by the exercise of substantial professional judgment;
- Will maintain high standards of infection control compliance for the program;
- Will ensure a partnership approach to the care and treatment needs of their patients through the use of excellent communication skills and shared decision making;
- Clinically educate, advise and mentor their junior dentist and staff in their clinical area of expertise through in-service training whilst leading a dental team; and
- Ensure that the Dental Program maintains compliance with the National Safety and Quality Health Service Standards through active participation in their accreditation program.
Working with the Royal Flying Doctor Service (RFDS) Tasmania you will be joining a team of dedicated professionals providing health care to people living and working in rural and remote Australia. The RFDS provide free primary health care services and deliver them directly to community members to meet their needs.
You will have the support of this team, with regular staff meetings, access to clinical support/ advice and team professional development opportunities. There is an amazing culture throughout this team of likeminded individuals.
As well as this you will be part of a greater state-wide team of health professionals and a charitable national organisation with an impeccable reputation, synonymous with rural healthcare.
The Royal Flying Doctor Service is committed to equal employment opportunities, ethical practices and the principles of cultural diversity. The RFDS encourages people from Aboriginal and Torres Strait islander backgrounds to apply.
What's on offer?
The Royal Flying Doctor Service are offering the successful candidate:
- A full-time contract linked to their Commonwealth funded dental program;
- Living away from home allowances during times of travel for work each week;
- Rewarding and varied dental work across rural and remote communities;
- Continuing professional development support;
- The support of an innovative and empathetic dental team; and
- Attractive remuneration package together with the opportunity to access salary packaging arrangements.
This service is a vital link to bringing high-quality oral health care to Tasmania’s rural population. This role requires weekly travel and the successful applicant to hold the highest standard of patient care and the ability to manage a diverse clinical environment.
There is also the option to access paid professional development or you may be eligible to apply for a Health Workforce Scholarship through HR+.
If you have any specific questions or wish to view a detailed Position Description, please forward all details to program manager, Nicole Henty at firstname.lastname@example.org
If further details are required, please contact Nicole on 0419 423 726
Date advertised: Wednesday 23rd September 2020