Oral Health Therapist - Royal Flying Doctor Service (Statewide)
Royal Flying Doctor Service
Location: Tasmania - Statewide
Occupation: Dental, Other
Position Type: Full Time
An opportunity has arisen for an experienced Oral Health Therapist with Adult Scope to join the Royal Flying Doctor Service (RFDS) Tasmania community-based mobile dental care team to provide dental services to diverse, rural, and remote locations across the North West, North and East Coast of Tasmania including our island communities.
This role is a full-time position, traveling across Tasmania each week to selected locations to address the high, unmet dental care needs of communities with consideration of funding requirements.
To meet patient needs this role will involve weekly travel to rural communities and requires an experienced oral health therapist who is flexible and:
- Can provide clinical leadership to ensure the RFDS Dental Program meets best practice at all times;
- Believes in a community-based approach to dental care;
- Is a passionate and qualified oral health therapist with adult scope in Australia;
- Will provide high-quality dental care in accordance with clinical standards, infection control, and policies;
- Has strong patient communication skills and empathy, with the ability to lead a dental team;
- Maintains high standards of infection control;
- Will ensure a partnership approach to the care and excellent communication skills and shared decision making; and
- Ensure that the Dental Program maintains compliance with the National Safety and Quality Health Service
- Standards through active participation in our accreditation program.
To be successful, you need to possess:
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience;
- Current Working with Vulnerable People check and proof of registration,
- Current First Aid, CPR and detailed immunisation records; and
- Holds a current drivers licence.
Working with the Royal Flying Doctor Service (RFDS) Tasmania you will be joining a team of dedicated professionals providing health care to people living and working in rural and remote Australia. The RFDS provide free primary health care services and deliver them directly to community members to meet their needs.
You will have the support of this team, with regular staff meetings, access to clinical support/ advice and team professional development opportunities. There is an amazing culture throughout this team of likeminded individuals.
As well as this you will be part of a greater state-wide team of health professionals and a charitable national organisation with an impeccable reputation, synonymous with rural healthcare.
The Royal Flying Doctor Service is committed to equal employment opportunities, ethical practices and the principles of cultural diversity. The RFDS encourages people from Aboriginal and Torres Strait islander backgrounds to apply.
What's on offer?
The RFDS are offering the successful candidate:
- A full-time position via our Commonwealth funded dental program;
- Living away from home allowances during times of travel for work each week,
- Work in a dedicated, accredited and well trained professional dental environment;
- Rewarding and varied work across rural and remote communities; and
- Offer continuing professional development support; and
- Attractive remuneration package together with the opportunity to access salary packaging arrangements.
This service is a vital link to bringing high-quality oral health to our rural population. This role requires weekly travel and the successful applicant to hold the highest standards of patient care, empathy, and the ability to manage a diverse clinical environment via an outreach program.
There is also the option to access paid professional development or you may be eligible to apply for a Health Workforce Scholarship through HR+.
If you wish to view a detailed Position Description or to submit your resume with a cover letter, please forward all details to the program manager, Nicole.Henty@rfdstas.org.au of RFDS Tasmania.
If further details are required, please contact Nicole on 0419 423 726 if you have any queries regarding the role.
Applications will close, midnight Sunday 27 September 2020.
Date advertised: Wednesday 16th September 2020