Oral Health/Dental Therapist, Dental Outreach Program - Royal Flying Doctor Service (Launceston)
Royal Flying Doctor Service
Location: Northern Tasmania
Occupation: Dental, Other
Position Type: Full Time, Permanent, Part Time
The Royal Flying Doctor Service (RFDS) currently have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Oral Health/Dental Therapist, with adult scope, to join their growing team.
This position forms part of the RFDS community based mobile dental team. This mobile service is a vital link to bringing high-quality oral health care to our diverse, rural, and remote population groups across the North-West, North, and East Coast regions and island communities of Tasmania.
To be successful in the role, you will be a person who strives to deliver exceptional service and care in line with organisational and dental unit objectives. With a sense of adventure, you will have strong interpersonal and communication skills and will have the ability to operate effectively in a remote team environment, contributing positively to the operations and working relationships of the team.
- Provide high-quality dental care in accordance with best practice clinical standards and policies.
- Provide oral health promotion and education on an individual patient basis or within a group setting as required.
- Monitor general infection control.
- Work within the RFDS Policies and Procedures.
- Ensure that any maintenance of mobile dental unit equipment is reported when required.
- Ensure a partnership approach to the care and treatment needs of our patients through the use of excellent communication skills and shared decision making.
- Provide clinical education, advise and mentor our staff in their clinical area of expertise through in-service training whilst leading our mobile dental team.
- Ensure that the Dental Program maintains compliance with the National Safety and Quality Health Service Standards through active participation in our accreditation program.
This role will require weekly travel to rural communities.
What you will need
- Registration with AHPRA, as a Oral Health/Dental Therapist.
- Preferably a minimum of 2-3 year’s post graduate experience in a general dental practice
- Proven clinical skills in managing a broad range of oral health issues
- Experience in utilising a clinical patient record system
- Evidence of annual certification in Basic Life Support (or willing to obtain prior to commencement)
- Current Tasmanian Drivers Licence
- Working with Vulnerable People Card
- Current National Police Check
- Visa to work in Australia
- Current Vaccinations
- Ability to travel to various locations
If this role sounds like you, then we would like the opportunity of discussing it further.
This is a full-time position however part time may be considered. The position is based in Launceston.
The Royal Flying Doctor Service (RFDS) was officially formed in 1960 but has grown steadily from being a sole aeromedical service to now providing a professional and dedicated team who deliver a holistic health care service across most of the local government municipalities in Tasmania.
They work in partnership with general practitioners, allied health professionals and local service providers to deliver physical health and mental health programs, as well as an award-winning outreach dental program. Their vision is to improve the health outcomes for all Tasmanians with a specific focus on remote and rural areas.
They are one of six RFDS operating sections (Central Operations, QLD section, South Eastern section, Victorian section, Western Operations and Tasmania section) which make up RFDS Australia. They are Australia’s Most Reputable Charity (Reptrak Charity Survey 2021) and Australia’s Most Trusted Charity (Reader’s Digest Trusted Brand Survey 2021).
What's on offer?
- Attractive salary + super + salary packaging increasing your take home pay.
- An opportunity to work with one of Australia’s most reputable organisations.
- A purpose driven culture where people can thrive, everyone is respected, and differences are valued.
- An equitable, diverse, and socially inclusive work environment
- Access to our Employee Assistance Program
- Professional development support
To access a copy of the position description, or to answer any questions you may have, please contact the Human Resources Manager, Debbie Loosmore email: email@example.com
Applications will be treated in confidence and will close once a suitable applicant has been found.
The Royal Flying Doctor Service is committed to equal employment opportunities, ethical practices and the principles of cultural diversity.
Date advertised: Tuesday 4th July 2023