Dentist, Outreach Dental Programs - Royal Flying Doctor Service (Launceston)
Royal Flying Doctor Service
Location: Northern Tasmania
Position Type: Full Time, Permanent, Part Time
The Royal Flying Doctor Service (RFDS) currently have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Dentist to join their growing team.
This is a full-time position, based in Launceston. However, other flexible options will be considered for the right applicant. The position forms part of the RFDS community based mobile dental team and will require weekly travel to rural communities.
This mobile service is a vital link to bringing high-quality oral health care to our diverse, rural, and remote population groups across the North-West, North, and East Coast regions and island communities of Tasmania.
- Provide high-quality dentistry in accordance with best practice clinical standards and policies.
- Undertake comprehensive oral examinations and complete quality, evidence based general dental treatment.
- Provide oral health promotion and education on an individual patient basis or within a group setting as required.
- Monitor general infection control.
- Work within the RFDS Policies and Procedures.
- Ensure that any maintenance of mobile dental unit equipment is reported when required.
- Ensure a partnership approach to the care and treatment needs of our patients through the use of excellent communication skills and shared decision making.
- Provide clinical education, advise and mentor our staff in their clinical area of expertise through in-service training whilst leading our mobile dental team.
- Ensure that the Dental Program maintains compliance with the National Safety and Quality Health Service Standards through active participation in our accreditation program.
What you will need
- Registration with AHPRA, as a Dentist
- Preferably a minimum of 2-3 year’s post graduate experience in a general dental practice
- Proven clinical skills in managing a broad range of oral health issues
- Experience in utilising a clinical patient records system
- Evidence of annual certification in Basic Life Support (or willing to obtain prior to commencement)
- Current Tasmanian Drivers Licence
- Working with Vulnerable People Card
- Current National Police Check
- Visa to work in Australia
- Current Vaccinations
- Ability to travel to various locations
To be successful in the role, you will be a person who strives to deliver exceptional service and care in line with organisational and dental unit objectives. With a sense of adventure, you will have strong interpersonal and communication skills and will have the ability to operate effectively in a remote team environment, contributing positively to the operations and working relationships of the team.
If this role sounds like you, then the RFDS would like the opportunity of discussing it further with you.
The Royal Flying Doctor Service (RFDS) was officially formed in 1960 but has grown steadily from being a sole aeromedical service to now providing a professional and dedicated team who deliver a holistic health care service across most of the local government municipalities in Tasmania.
RFDS work in partnership with general practitioners, allied health professionals and local service providers to deliver physical health and mental health programs, as well as an award-winning outreach dental program. RFDS’s vision is to improve the health outcomes for all Tasmanians with a specific focus on remote and rural areas.
RFDS are one of six operating sections (Central Operations, QLD section, South Eastern section, Victorian section, Western Operations and Tasmania section) which make up RFDS Australia. RFDS are Australia’s Most Reputable Charity (Reptrak Charity Survey 2021) and Australia’s Most Trusted Charity (Reader’s Digest Trusted Brand Survey 2021).
What's on offer?
- An opportunity to work with one of Australia’s most reputable organisations.
- Exposure to a broad range of dental conditions with good patient flow across rural and remote communities.
- Living away from home allowances during times of travel for work each week.
- Professional development support.
- Competitive Salary + Super + Salary packaging increasing your take home pay.
To access a copy of the position description, or to answer any questions you may have, please contact the Human Resources Manager, Debbie Loosmore email: email@example.com
Applications will be treated in confidence and close once a suitable applicant has been found.
The Royal Flying Doctor Service is committed to equal employment opportunities, ethical practices and the principles of cultural diversity. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders
Date advertised: Friday 24th February 2023