- Work Type: Permanent
- Location: King Island
- Job ID #: 1716
We are seeking applicants who have a background in rural and remote nursing, with emergency triage and assessment skills and some experience in best practice aged care. The successful applicant will be required to be the in charge nurse on shift / senior staff member and key go-to person on a regular basis. There will also be a requirement to participate in the on-call roster in the event of an emergency outside of hours.
Reporting to the Clinical Nurse Consultant (CNC), the successful applicant will be responsible for taking a primary role in the development, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of a range of activities, including supporting a positive workplace culture.
Do you have?
- Current Registration
- Demonstrated clinical knowledge of and experience in rural health nursing
- High level of interpersonal skills demonstrative through experience in working within a multidisciplinary environment
- Experience working in Emergency Triage and Assessment
- A background in Aged Care
The Tasmanian Health Service is an innovative and dynamic organisation dedicated to improving the health and well-being of our community. We are committed to providing the highest levels of healthcare and services.
What’s on offer?
- Flexible work/life balance
- Attractive Salary Package
- Dynamic team environment
- Commitment to ongoing professional development
Please note that access to the Grade 4 salary range is subject to successful application for progression to Grade 4
- Registered with the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia as a Registered Nurse.
- The Head of the State Service has determined that the person nominated for this job is to satisfy a pre-employment check before taking up the appointment, on promotion or transfer. The following checks are to be conducted:
- Conviction checks in the following areas: a) Crimes of Violence, b) Sex-Related Offences, c) Serious Drug Offences, d) Crimes involving dishonesty
- Identification check
- Disciplinary action in previous employment check.
Online applications are preferred. Please visit http://careers.jobs.tas.gov.au/cw/en/job/1005658/registered-nurse-502384 to apply.
For more information
Position: Director of Nursing - King Island
Phone: (03) 6462 9912